• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Watermill Wino

Coach Guru⭐
It is with regret that TZ Travelzone will not be adding a service to Stevenage Borough for the EFL cup match on Tuesday 8th of November.
This decision has been made to show support to our fellow League One and League Two supporters outraged by the seeming contempt for the clubs competing in this competition by the Football League, where there was a chance to see your club at the National Stadium and a chance of silverware. Adding Premier, Championship Academy One clubs to field teams is a disgrace and a possible blueprint of what is in store for the Lower Football league where cash rich BIG CLUBS may possibly run a B team at this level.
It seems that there is a huge amount of apathy on the internet club sites and resentment at the FA's latest brainwave. Change can be good but it has to be to the good of those involved, if two academy sides reach the final I wonder how many would turn up let alone take cash and a grand day out for the "Lower League club" and supporters.

This is a one off token gesture from TZ Travelzone, This is also only the second time in 10 seasons that we have refused to offer a service. There are those who will moan about this action but it is a one off and as opposed to just moan about things we are taking action. Apologies if this inconveniences you for this match but we wanted to make a statement of intent in showing our disapproval. Our friends at the Trust are running a service so suggest you can use them if you're in need of a lift.

Being hypocritical normal service will return in this competition after this match. Our League and FA cup services are unaffected from this action so Millwall and Bury Services are available.

Up the SHRIMPERS!
Wino
TZ Travelzone.

Last edited:
We, at ShrimperZone, fully support TravelZone in their actions.

I had a meeting with Shaun, the Football League CEO where I told him he had sold out to the Premiershite.

I said the Prem clubs had all chipped in the massive sum of £50,000 each to buy their way into our competition. He denied this.

Please do not support this devalued trophy as it is the start of lower league infiltration by the big boys.

It is with regret that TZ Travelzone will not be adding a service to Stevenage Borough for the EFL cup match on Tuesday 8th of November.
This decision has been made to show support to our fellow League One and League Two supporters outraged by the seeming contempt for the clubs competing in this competition by the Football League, where there was a chance to see your club at the National Stadium and a chance of silverware. Adding Premier, Championship Academy One clubs to field teams is a disgrace and a possible blueprint of what is in store for the Lower Football league where cash rich BIG CLUBS may possibly run a B team at this level.
It seems that there is a huge amount of apathy on the internet club sites and resentment at the FA's latest brainwave. Change can be good but it has to be to the good of those involved, if two academy sides reach the final I wonder how many would turn up let alone take cash and a grand day out for the "Lower League club" and supporters.

This is a one off token gesture from TZ Travelzone, This is also only the second time in 10 seasons that we have refused to offer a service. There are those who will moan about this action but it is a one off and as opposed to just moan about things we are taking action. Apologies if this inconveniences you for this match but we wanted to make a statement of intent in showing our disapproval. Our friends at the Trust are running a service so suggest you can use them if you're in need of a lift.

Being hypocritical normal service will return in this competition after this match. Our League and FA cup services are unaffected from this action so Millwall and Bury Services are available.

Up the SHRIMPERS!
Wino
TZ Travelzone.
Glad millwalls on!

Up the SHRIMPERS!
Wino
TZ Travelzone.

I agree with this action. Shame the trust aren't doing the same.

Up the SHRIMPERS!
Wino
TZ Travelzone.

Sorry I won't be seeing you at Stevenage Wino, or at Wembley.:winking:

So am I reading this right? If we get an Under 23 side or whatever the age is, away in the next round, TZ will run a service?
Mind you chances are we will win the group and get a home tie, but could still get Under 23 in future rounds if we get through.

Singling out one match wins a battle but loses the war. Boycott all these cursed matches. They are abominations.

I'm torn between bricking up all the entrances to Stevenage's ground the night before the match, or starting picket lines for our own turnstiles for all dishonourable SCABS who will walk through them to view this destructive competition in the future.

Last edited:
I was thinking the exact same. Whilst I'm not against the action that has been taken, i feel it was the wrong choice of fixture in this case, and would ironic if a service would be ran to a premiership u23 club in the later rounds.

Singling out one match wins a battle but loses the war. Boycott all matches.

I'm torn between bricking up all the entrances to Stevenages ground night before match day, or starting picket lines for our own turnstiles for all dishonourable SCABS who will walk through them to view this destructive competition in the future.

Many people, myself included, are not going to any of the games. Wembley included.

and what about the people that rely on these services to get to a game and want to go to it ??? hope uv told a certain individual whos unbroken run of 1500 games could now be ended !!

and what about the people that rely on these services to get to a game and want to go to it ??? hope uv told a certain individual whos unbroken run of 1500 games could now be ended !!
The Trust are running coaches and trains are running if a little more expensive. This certainly shouldn't stop anyone going, not that I can imagine that many wanting to go to a meaningless game in a ridiculous competition against League 2 opposition anyway.

Singling out one match wins a battle but loses the war. Boycott all these cursed matches. They are abominations.

I'm torn between bricking up all the entrances to Stevenage's ground the night before the match, or starting picket lines for our own turnstiles for all dishonourable SCABS who will walk through them to view this destructive competition in the future.

Travel Zone have taken a stand on the Stevenage match and several on here have expressed their disgust at the competition, well and good and that is their choice. But if supporters do go and watch the side, or for that matter have already attended, then that too, is also their choice. Follow your principles, I get that, but calling fellow Southend fans 'scabs' and calling for picket lines......get a life.

You really need to understand what you are posting before posting . Who's job is at risk , who is on strike ? I really don't think you have any idea of the true meaning of thoses words .

Personally I will be amazed if the U23's are invited back in next year- buts just my opinion based on research and listening to various statements -informal and formal .

Everyone has their own views on this subject, and I respect people for putting the effort in and finding out the facts and making a decision on either side of the argument. I won't accept someone telling me what to do, in fact that will have the opposite impact on me- especially if they call be a scab for having a different opinion to them . I would not be surprised if others feel the same.

Best I go in the Directors box for this one then.:winking:

If was U23 side, then yes, but Stevenage is wrong fixture to protest, but I respect what you guys trying to do.

What a complete load of rubbish. I don't really get the prem league entries but I am still enjoying this competition. I have now decided I will not miss any off these games. And to say you will boycot Wembley is ridiculous. I think adding the prem teams has given it a new dimension and now I want to win it more than ever.

Back