• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

essexblue

Youth Team
Below is a reply received today from David Jobson to my e-mail complaint regarding the FA Youth Cup. Admitting that it was a mistake to charge under 16, they are sorry....! what are they going to do with the extra revenue?
I suggested that they donate it towards the local hospital childrens ward.... no mention of that or anythink else............ just a feeble sorry..!!:(

What do you all think??

Hi Gary

As advertised for the under 16 being free that is correct.

No one under the age of 16 should have been charged we are sorry for the mistake

And can assure you this will not happen again.

On the subject of these 6-8 young lads that were playing up, we have the names of 2

of the boys and will be sending them a letter as to there future conduct.

I can assure that the language will be stopped at the next game because we will station

A security guard at the vomit at all times. (vomit????):confused:

Once again I am really sorry for the trouble this has caused you and some others.

Yours Truly

David Jobson

David Jobson
david.jobson@southend-united.co.uk

Safety Officer
Southend United Football Club
Roots Hall Stadium
Victoria Avenue
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
SS2 6NQ

so when is the Stoke game?

Sorry wrong thread, this is all about essex taking his lads to the U16's being charged (although it was quite clearly advertised as FoC) and having to endure some Southend Chav Scum (SCS in short) effing and jeffing infront of him.

So does this mean you are able to get a refund Essex? Nice to see the club being so pro-active in sorting out the other problem although the Vomit thing wasn't expected.

Good job all.

Sorry wrong thread, this is all about essex taking his lads to the U16's being charged (although it was quite clearly adverised as FoC) and the having to endure some Southend Chav Scum (SCS in short) effing and jeffing infront of him.

So does this mean you are able to get a refund Essex? Nice to see the club being so pro-active in sorting out the other problem although the Vomit thing wasn't expected.

Good job all.

o right. as it was about the FA youth Cup i just wondered when the Stoke game was. i didn't get to the Derby game but 13 year old wasn't charged at the Croydon or Barnet games in Round 1 and 2.

Essexblue: at least there was a response, and an apology. In years gone by, members have sent emails that haven't been responded to, even if it is a little disappointing that the club didn't take up your suggestion.

Presumably, "vomit" is short for 'vomitory' or 'vomitorium', which is: an entrance or opening through which something is ejected, "an opening, as in a stadium or theatre, permitting large numbers of people to enter or leave" (according to Dictionary.com.

No date has been fixed yet between the clubs for the Fourth Round fixture. I'd suggest it's most like to be the week commencing Monday 14th January (i.e. the week before the deadline), but the best place to keep checking is the club's official website.

Below is a reply received today from David Jobson to my e-mail complaint regarding the FA Youth Cup. Admitting that it was a mistake to charge under 16, they are sorry....! what are they going to do with the extra revenue?
I suggested that they donate it towards the local hospital childrens ward.... no mention of that or anythink else............ just a feeble sorry..!!:(

What do you all think??

Hi Gary

As advertised for the under 16 being free that is correct.

No one under the age of 16 should have been charged we are sorry for the mistake

And can assure you this will not happen again.

On the subject of these 6-8 young lads that were playing up, we have the names of 2

of the boys and will be sending them a letter as to there future conduct.

I can assure that the language will be stopped at the next game because we will station

A security guard at the vomit at all times. (vomit????):confused:

Once again I am really sorry for the trouble this has caused you and some others.

Yours Truly

David Jobson

David Jobson
david.jobson@southend-united.co.uk

Safety Officer
Southend United Football Club
Roots Hall Stadium
Victoria Avenue
Southend-on-Sea
Essex
SS2 6NQ

Well I'm glad that's out in the open . I was sick and tired of the Club making pathetic excuses . Better to bring it up and deal with it I say . At least no-one pooked fun at the suggestion . That would have been hard to swallow and would have left a nasty aftertaste - a horrible mess for someone to clear up after if they hadn't have taken it on the chin . The club should face up to these issues more often.

( heaves a huge sigh of relief and tucks in to his pizza ) :)

My goodness, a true idiot!!!!!!!! Bluetonic I supported you in the past but you really are a tool, its not about the money its about false advertising.

Have now suggested that all u16 get a choccy bar FOC at the next fixture, hopefully this will put a dent into their ill gotten gains....... so come on you u16 free footy night with chocy bar what more do you need?:)

Back