• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread u23s at Plymouth

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Tom Hopper starts and a rare Harry Phillips sighting!

...............................Seaden
Howard R. Taylor Mitchell-Nelson Clifford
Egbri .....Stewart ....Phillips......... Kinali
..........................Hopper Rush.

Subs: C. Taylor, Brogan, Knock, Pianim, Acquah.

I’d like to see Rush being given a chance think he’s more of a talent than Acquah.

I’d like to see Rush being given a chance think he’s more of a talent than Acquah.

I think Acquah is more of a talent but Rush is the better player.

By that I mean Acquah's got physical attributes you can't teach. He's a raw high ceiling, low floor prospect but I don't especially fancy his chances of fulfilling his potential and reaching that ceiling.

Matt Rush is a far more polished player with less potential but a better chance of coming closer to fulfilling it. I was disappointed he didn't get a run out Saturday. I think he's going to have a really good non-league career but if he gets a chance with us it may prove surprisingly difficult to get the shirt off of him. He's always going to be an underdog though because of his size and he'll have to keep on winning managers over. If he has a professional career he'll have to do it the hard way but don't write him off as there's a little bit of something there.

SOUTHEND United’s Matt Rush continued his fine spell of form by bagging a brace in the under 23 team’s 2-1 win at Plymouth Argyle this afternoon.

More...

Back