• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

U23s thread 2019-20

Good luck Dave and thanks for all you have done for Southend United whilst you have been here.

From a Hull perspective. He sounds good.

Former Hull City striker Craig Fagan has left his role in the club's academy to return to Southend United.

Fagan had recently earned a promotion within Jon Beale's under-23s coaching staff, having spent last year working with the Tigers' under-16s.

However, Fagan has now opted to become the new manager of Southend United's under-23s.

"It was a really tough decision to leave," Fagan told Hull City's academy website.

"I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Academy but I am very excited by the challenges that lie ahead.

"I know the people at Southend having worked with the U16s there previously and am looking forward to the next chapter of my coaching career."

During his time as a youth coach with Tigers, Fagan did not take long to impress with his coaching style.

Under-23s boss Beale was full of praise for Fagan, who he believes is an inspirational figure to younger players.

GettyImages-81224040.jpg

(Image: Getty)
“Craig was a great acquisition for us last year working with our under-16s,” Beale recently told Hull Live.

“I felt, after seeing how Craig was with the 16s and how he drove standards and demanded off the lads, I thought he would be a good addition here, with ourselves.

“He was part of that 2008 group that got promoted (to the Premier League) and I just think he brings that drive, that experience of being there, being involved in it, knowing what it takes and in fairness, he is good to have."

Good luck to the bloke, shame it has to be with :COLU: but I'm sure he will cope well there.

We offered Huzzey the U23 role but it was the attraction of a Ricky Duncan type role in addition to U23 that took him to the ewes.

With Grapevine committing a Zone Faux pas. Might it not be an idea to issue a welcome pack to new people, which would point out the standards one must adhere to on all things Col U.

Under no circumstances should any Zoner praise or even show fairness to the North Essex inbreds......Jokes about sheep or extra fingers should always be included in any post about that club.....If not your loyalty may well be questioned.

With Grapevine committing a Zone Faux pas. Might it not be an idea to issue a welcome pack to new people, which would point out the standards one must adhere to on all things Col U.

Under no circumstances should any Zoner praise or even show fairness to the North Essex inbreds......Jokes about sheep or extra fingers should always be included in any post about that club.....If not your loyalty may well be questioned.

Yes, but despite posting 100's per day on here, he's "not a fan" of Southend United FC

Back