• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

U23s thread 2019-20

New news to me. I like that the club are looking at younger players released by higher catergory academies. It's been said before but our biggest asset is our ability to develop players currently - mostly goalkeepers - but still.

I see we played yesterday and got stuffed 4-0. No mention of it here, in fact, it was widely advertised as ‘cancelled’ on news sites. Who did we send? Was it us? Was it the tea ladies playing with our kit on?

SOUTHEND United’s under 23 side continued their pre-season preparations with a 4-0 defeat at Maidstone United.

More...

Just got back from Florence park watching the under 23 loose to Colu 2-1.First time for me in doing so and a thoroughly entertaining game it was.Southend created few chances played well but didn't take the chances when they came along.Colu scored first we equalised with an own goal so all square at the break.Colu scored via a penalty half way in the second half.Decent performance by most players on show except Aquah who was poor

How did the back 4 look (all of who have been involved with first team this pre season)? I presume Howard / Mukena / Taylor / Clifford?

Also Klass and Phillips have been with first team....

How did the back 4 look (all of who have been involved with first team this pre season)? I presume Howard / Mukena / Taylor / Clifford?

Also Klass and Phillips have been with first team....
Klass wasn't involved those who played in back for I am sorry I didn't recognise I believe one was Taylor who did ok at this level

Klass has been a bit unfortunate with first team tbh and I think he needs to get out on loan. There’s no way 23s will help him develop now and he’s probably behind Dru, Milligan, Hyam, Mantom and maybe even Hutchinson for centre mid roles....

SOUTHEND United’s under 23 side continued their preparations for the forthcoming season with a 2-1 defeat at Colchester United yesterday.

More...

SOUTHEND United’s under 23 side continued their pre-season schedule with a 3-2 win against Brentwood Town.

More...

Back