• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

U23s v Crawley

Napster

No ⭐
Do you think 6 goal midfielder Kinali gets into the reckoning ? or is he green tea when Phil wants oolong tea...

Kinali has been overlooked by several managers now. I’ve always thought he looked handy and Ricky Duncan always thought highly of him. Bit of a strange one really, unless people are seeing something we aren’t. He scored a few very good goals in pre-season last season too.

Get him on the bench. If scoring 6 in an under-23’s fixture doesn’t put him in the reckoning then I don’t know what will.

won 11-2

#BluesU23s defeated Crawley Town 11-2 in a friendly at Boots & Laces this afternoon.
Eren Kinali scored six goals, Cameron Brown was on target three times and Demaray Anyadike bagged a brace.

#BluesU23s vs Crawley Town: Jamie Grossart, Reiss Chandler, Miles Mitchell-Nelson, Jimmy Wallace, Demaray Anyadike, O’Shane Stewart, Oli Coker, Cameron Brown, Eren Kinali, Jon Benton.

Subs: Fin Purcell, Zayn Bux, Tendi Quamina, Luke Reeve, Mitch Fallows.
Eren Kinali is highly rated by both RD and CF but I am not sure how much influence they actually have with PB.

Kinali, Walsh and Rush should be in the first team squad. If you ask players to roll up their sleeves and they succeed in the under-23s, good management is all about recognising the progression that has taken place.

Crawley are a very odd club.

They have no academy, no U18s and no U23s. Their first team often can’t or don’t name a full bench on a Saturday….and so clearly operate off a very very thin squad.

I’d be interested to know what sort of side they field when they play these fixtures especially the day after a football league fixture….

My bet is based on what little I know, it would most likely be a selection from their 16-19 year olds college programme run through a government funded education programme at a local college…

Waiting for Brown to say Kinali is pulling up trees in training and then not put in him the squad for the next game.

Wasn't he also one of those unregistered last season to allow others to be signed and registered or was that just rumours?

Well team selection is going to be interesting for the next match .Kinali can play out wide also. Seriously i would rather PB gave some of these youngsters ( if you can call them that ) than the carthorses a chance, and by a chance i dont mean a 1 game go ,give them a 2 or 3 match stint ,lets see how they go. Players like Kinali. Walsh ,Sayers and Howard, Rush.

Crawley are a very odd club.

They have no academy, no U18s and no U23s. Their first team often can’t or don’t name a full bench on a Saturday….and so clearly operate off a very very thin squad.

I’d be interested to know what sort of side they field when they play these fixtures especially the day after a football league fixture….

My bet is based on what little I know, it would most likely be a selection from their 16-19 year olds college programme run through a government funded education programme at a local college…

If that is the case then the win isn't so impressive. Our proper 23s playing against teenagers...and there was me thinking I was going to start supporting the 23s instead of the 1st team.

If i remember correctly at the end of last season Kinali was scoring for fun in the u23s, so obviously he knows where the onion bag is and how to put the ball into it ,and if im correct he was playing as a forward also .

Get him on the bench. If scoring 6 in an under-23’s fixture doesn’t put him in the reckoning then I don’t know what will.
Nope, instead he is sent out on loan to an Isthmian League Premier Division club

Just to confirm what I thought, I spoke with one of the Crawley Town staff today and he confirmed that the Crawley ‘reserve’ team isn’t actually associated with the club and is just the community programme from local college who play under that banner.

Now and again one or two may get invited in to train generally for logistical reasons to help with nos.

Not detracting from Erens accomplishment at all, scoring a double hatrick isn’t to be sneezed at regardless of opponent, but it does I give it some context.

Back