• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davew

Coach
[h=1]CAN YOU ALL PLEASE SIGN AND SHARE THANKS

UK CHARITY STAFF SALARIES[/h]

[h=2]TO: GOVERNMENT + CHARITY COMMISSION[/h] Campaign created by david west https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/uk-charity-staff-salaries#

FACEBOOK
TWITTER
EMAIL

Put a cap on all UK based Charity's staff and consultants where their salary can be no more than the PM.

[h=3]Why is this important?[/h]Most charity staff do a fantastic job and receive no salary at all. I realize if you want good employees you have to pay them a reasonable wage but surely it is wrong for charity's to pay out mega bucks.

Don't see the logic in this, charities have to be run like businesses otherwise they go bankrupt (like that kids charity recently did), to do that you need people who know what they are doing, and you are only going to do that by offering competitive salaries. I think most charities would be more willing to employ a guy who is only there for the money but knows what he's doing rather than a random bloke willing to work for a low salary. Maybe you'll occasionally come across someone that could be earning six figures but is willing to forfeit that to work for a charity, but those kinds of people are exceptionally rare.

The CEO of one of the cancer charities was recently pictured guzzling champagne on a sun drench beach and his part time role was £200,000 per year.

Bizarre situation and salary.

The CEO of one of the cancer charities was recently pictured guzzling champagne on a sun drench beach and his part time role was £200,000 per year.

Bizarre situation and salary.

Whats's bizarre about drinking champagne on a beach while on holiday?

What's bizarre about a CEO for a large organisation with high turnover earning £200k? I'm no expert but that seems low compared to many private sector organisations

Why should the government intervene? As long as they meet their obligations for their charity status, they're free to pay the salaries they see fit, and use the money donated as they see fit.

However, if it was a petition about high street chuggers - I'd be the first person to sign!

Last edited:
Don't see the logic in this, charities have to be run like businesses otherwise they go bankrupt (like that kids charity recently did), to do that you need people who know what they are doing, and you are only going to do that by offering competitive salaries. I think most charities would be more willing to employ a guy who is only there for the money but knows what he's doing rather than a random bloke willing to work for a low salary. Maybe you'll occasionally come across someone that could be earning six figures but is willing to forfeit that to work for a charity, but those kinds of people are exceptionally rare.

Nothing wrong with paying them a decent salary but not extravagant. They are not a business but a charity and asking the public for support / money, so the charity should set an example, This greed put's a lot of the public off giving as so little money actually goes to people who need it.

Whats's bizarre about drinking champagne on a beach while on holiday?

What's bizarre about a CEO for a large organisation with high turnover earning £200k? I'm no expert but that seems low compared to many private sector organisations

Why should the government intervene? As long as they meet their obligations for their charity status, they're free to pay the salaries they see fit, and use the money donated as they see fit.

However, if it was a petition about high street chuggers - I'd be the first person to sign!

How many donations required just to cover his salary and expenses?,I understand 60p in every pound raised is paying for salaries.

Old age pensioner puts a quid into a collection thinking there pound will assist,yet only 40p actually helps,if it is even that much,which I doubt.

Depends on what his contribution is.

If his performance means the charity increases its donations by 100% then he has deserved it.

Alternatively they could pay someone 40k who isnt very good and donations may go down.

Just looking at what someone earns without factoring in performance and results is pointless.

Depends on what his contribution is.

If his performance means the charity increases its donations by 100% then he has deserved it.

Alternatively they could pay someone 40k who isnt very good and donations may go down.

Just looking at what someone earns without factoring in performance and results is pointless.

Sorry JM I just find it pretty distasteful.

People having large salaries whilst taking money from needy sufferers just doesn't sound right to me.

How many donations required just to cover his salary and expenses?,I understand 60p in every pound raised is paying for salaries.

Old age pensioner puts a quid into a collection thinking there pound will assist,yet only 40p actually helps,if it is even that much,which I doubt.

OK so you remove all the big salaries, now you're left with part time volunteers who have no idea what they are doing, maybe in the short term that means the charity will assist more people but in the long term it's going to lead to people donating to a different charities that seems more professional.

OK so you remove all the big salaries, now you're left with part time volunteers who have no idea what they are doing, maybe in the short term that means the charity will assist more people but in the long term it's going to lead to people donating to a different charities that seems more professional.

Where is the evidence these high flyers bring in vast amounts?

Sorry JM I just find it pretty distasteful.

People having large salaries whilst taking money from needy sufferers just doesn't sound right to me.

If they increase the performance of the Charity then they will be generating more money for needy sufferers.

Would you rather a charity earning 500,000 in donations with a CEO earrning 50k or one earning 2,000,000 where he earns 200k.

Charities are no different to other businesses, you pay more money for people with better ability to provide better performance and results. If they dont want to attract the best people they can pay less, but they may then end up with less money.

If someone wants to start a charity where most of the money goes to the cause but no one earns much and they dont spend anything in marketing they are free to do so, but I bet they dont generate much income.

If they increase the performance of the Charity then they will be generating more money for needy sufferers.m

Would you rather a charity earning 500,000 in donations with a CEO earrning 50k or one earning 2,000,000 where he earns 200k.

Charities are no different to other businesses, you pay more money for people with better ability to provide better performance and results. If they dont want to attract the best people they can pay less, but they may then end up with less money.

If someone wants to start a charity where most of the money goes to the cause but no one earns much and they dont spend anything in marketing they are free to do so, but I bet they dont generate much income.

Virtually every charity have posted a downturn in donations,some as much as 10%,yet executive pay has rocketed with many receiving inflation busting increases of 10%.

Still they must be doing something good,surely?

Virtually every charity have posted a downturn in donations,some as much as 10%,yet executive pay has rocketed with many receiving inflation busting increases of 10%.

Still they must be doing something good,surely?

How do you know without the executives donations wouldnt have dropped by more?

I wouldnt be surprised donations have dropped seeing how many charities there are now expecting £3 a month to save a donkey in some third world country. Every train I get each day, every time I turn on Sky News, every road I walk down in London someone is after Charity money.

It looks to me like a very competitive market now, so also wouldnt surprise me that they have to compete for the best fund raisers too.

Back