• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

UK Passport (Renewal) experiences

Kev did his back at the start of the year, online, and like @londonblue, his was back in a week. I'd definitely recommend doing it online if you can as I think it's the postal ones where there is more of a problem, though it always takes longer in the warmer months purely because people don't do it till they need to rather than thinking about when the PO is quieter.

I've recently done my 2 kids renewals - 1st one is his first adult passport as he was about to turn 18, no problems got it in about 10 days. My daughters, after about 10 days, they rejected the photo as not enough contrast on the background (it was taken against the same wall, at the same time, as my sons - which was acceptable), and they wanted her birth certificate (bit odd it's a renewal, sure they must have had it for her first passport). Submitted a new photo on-line about 2 weeks ago - not heard if that is acceptable yet. Had to order a new birth certificate which took about a week to arrive - sent that to them at the start of this week. Not heard back yet - 4 weeks and counting.

I've got my 3rd child due in 4 weeks and we need to get a passport straight away as we go away end of August (booked before we knew we had another on the way). I was looking at doing the fast track thing and took a look yesterday but you can't even get on it. Absolutely bricking it as this is our holiday re-arranged from 2020, then 2021, so I'd be gutted not to be able to go.

My daughters came through in 10 days. As for my sons and mine still waiting.

I've recently done my 2 kids renewals - 1st one is his first adult passport as he was about to turn 18, no problems got it in about 10 days. My daughters, after about 10 days, they rejected the photo as not enough contrast on the background (it was taken against the same wall, at the same time, as my sons - which was acceptable), and they wanted her birth certificate (bit odd it's a renewal, sure they must have had it for her first passport). Submitted a new photo on-line about 2 weeks ago - not heard if that is acceptable yet. Had to order a new birth certificate which took about a week to arrive - sent that to them at the start of this week. Not heard back yet - 4 weeks and counting.

Still waiting on my daughters - when I look at the tracking they haven't registered that they've received the birth certificate - and still waiting for photo to be accepted or rejected

Not passport but driving licence. My passport expired in lockdown v1.0 and wasn't going to renew until we plan an abroad holiday.

However as I didn't have a valid passport I couldn't renew online and had to use the post office. Went into Southends post office inside WH Smith. Queued for about an hour and git my driving licence renewed. BUT I can only assume I was served by Stevie Wonder as now my driving licence picture looks nothing like me, and my signature looks very small (I think she zoomed in then gave me the pad to draw my signature) Will be applying by post shortly with my own picture and full sized signature

My 84 year old mum just did hers online, it was back within 2 weeks. Online is definitely the way to go apparently, seems as if other methods are taking longer.

My partner got her photo done at Snappy snaps, as they line up everything for passport .
Then went on line and received the passport within 10 days

Cannot fault them

Back