• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

UKIP up to shenanigans...

Pubey

So a guy took this poster, and he decides to research all of the claims and polices with evidence:

Bm34HPPCcAE3LLX.jpg

Normal response would be for a political party to say thanks to someone for making their proposed policies clear and public. However UKIPs reaction (either formally or via a supporter) is to threaten the guy legally, with a visit from the police.

What a joke.

http://axeofreason.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/you-are-not-allowed-to-read-this-blog.html?spref=tw

Just goes to show that UKIP are jokers and bullies. Why are they so embarrassed by their own 'policies'?!

I'm sure most people fixate on leaving the EU and restricting migration into the UK - trouble is, you look deeper and their policies are pretty vile. God forbid they get anywhere near the reins of power - I'd happily vote Tory to keep them out, and that's saying something.

Was pleased to see some intensive leafleting from Hope Not Hate around my area at the weekend.

I'm sure most people fixate on leaving the EU and restricting migration into the UK - trouble is, you look deeper and their policies are pretty vile. God forbid they get anywhere near the reins of power - I'd happily vote Tory to keep them out, and that's saying something.

Was pleased to see some intensive leafleting from Hope Not Hate around my area at the weekend.

Absolutely, I hope the people potentially voting for them realise the implications of policies such as those above (scrapping maternity leave? raising income tax etc)

9zmsxw.jpg

I'm surprised Nick Clegg didn't mention any of these 'policies', when he had his live debate with Farage.....or did he?

No, Clegg was poor beyond belief.
It should be said however that the focus of the debate was on Europe.
Since then there have been all sorts of attempts by the the press to demonize UKIP, rather than deal with the issues at hand such as should there be an in/out referendum, how democratic is the EU?, what are the costs of it? Impact on indigenous communities / wages etc.

I am of the growing belief that the more often press and politicians slate UKIP and Farage without having an answer to the basic problems of too much, too fast, un integrated immigration and EU costs/ legislation THEN rather than harming UKIP they are hardening the protester voters towards UKIP and away from the wind bags of no substance.

And I also see the same with the Scots every time a London politician speaks on the NO campaign.

I am of the growing belief that the more often press and politicians slate UKIP and Farage without having an answer to the basic problems of too much, too fast, un integrated immigration and EU costs/ legislation THEN rather than harming UKIP they are hardening the protester voters towards UKIP and away from the wind bags of no substance.

And I also see the same with the Scots every time a London politician speaks on the NO campaign.

Bang on! I know a few who would vote a duck in if it had a red rosette on but are becoming rather fed up with being told how they should feel and how they should vote.
UKIP will win the Euro elections hands down.

apparently the police visited a Green party member who posted this on twitter on the grounds there may have been an offence under the Representation of the People Act given that 3 of the "facts" have no source. The BBC website says the Act states

• It is an illegal practice to make or publish a false statement of fact about the personal character or conduct of a candidate in order to affect the return of a candidate at an election;
  • Election campaign publicity material must contain an imprint, not resemble a poll card and not contain a false statement as to the personal character or conduct of another candidate.

Needless to say the greens are aghast, calling for enquiries etc etc etc.........................

I agree with Massimo, the more people knock UKIP the more popular they will become because they don't represent the old "political class".
PS 2 polls are giving the Tories a lead over Labour. One's in the Guardian.

Back