• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ukip

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22356759

Anyone like to take me up on a little bet (loser pays a tenner to SZ) that the Greens will still have more local councillors than UKIP by the time the full returns for tomorrow's local council elections are in on Friday?

I'll take that bet. UKIP are going to take a lot more seats than you or anyone else wants to give them credit for.

Last edited:
Just been and voted, I counted 4 other voters coming or going while I was there. There were as many election officials & party chumps on the door.

Drastic™;1525785 said:
Just been and voted, I counted 4 other voters coming or going while I was there. There were as many election officials & party chumps on the door.

I used to be one of those! When I was a kid I would help out...

On a slightly different note, I really upset one a couple of years back. He is a member of my wife's operatic society, and a really lovely old man (well into his 80s - he can never remember his lines or actions, but no-one has the balls to tell him its about time he gave up) who came knocking on our door canvassing for the Tories. Pretty much word for word he said to me when I'd opened the door, "I'm sure we can count on your vote..." to which I replied, "I'm afraid not. I never have and probably never will vote Tory." I was as nice about it as I could be because he really is a nice old man, but he looked so crestfallen it was difficult not to a) feel guilty, and b) laugh.

What was worse, he was sitting at the door taking polling numbers when I went to vote. The look of disappointment on his face that a) I had bothered to vote, and b) he knew I wasn't voting Tory was almost upsetting.

About time there was a party who may bring changes to this country as I am sure I'm not in the minority when I say this country will continue to head towards a third world country unless change happens soon. Would be interesting if they did get in as to how they would deal with the crisis we are in- unless you are more than financially comfortable- which only seems to be getting worse not better

Think you may be putting your hands in your pocket here Barna, according to results I've heard so far! "Unprecedented success"!

You have to laugh at the other parties going on about "It's a protest vote"..well even if it is ..wake up the people are speaking!

It appears that we have a winner in the BarnaBlue bet, or rather a LOSER!

I watched Question Time last night and it was obvious there that the politicos have few ideas of either the distrust & anger of the average Brit towards them (and the EU) or their policies.

You have to laugh at the other parties going on about "It's a protest vote"..well even if it is ..wake up the people are speaking!

Indeed, I was surprised Barna made the bet to be honest.

When things are rosy and people have nothing to worry about they care more about Green issues. When times are hard, as they have been for years people look for security and UKIP currently offer what people want more than the Green party at the moment.

I cant see UKIP getting anywhere in an election, but its a statement.

If we get a million Romanians migrate over here then that will only help their cause.

Back