• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ukip

I'm not a member anymore but I said from the start that he was the wrong choice. Its Susanne Evans or nobody. Personally, I think they should call it a day.

I'm not a member anymore but I said from the start that he was the wrong choice. Its Susanne Evans or nobody. Personally, I think they should call it a day.

Saw her on the Daily Politics yesterday.She was very keen to stress that she's an "independent" these days.

Edit.Sorry that was Diane James.Always get them mixed up.:smile:

It's quite clear that the Tories won Copeland because of UKIP voters switching their votes to the Tories.

Inevitably, Mrs May's Tory government will start to lose support once Brexit negotiations begin in earnest.

It'll be interesting to see what UKIP's 2015 GE voters, (3.8 million), decide to do in future by-elections and indeed in the next general election.

A cursory look at the figures shows that Labour's share of the vote in the constituency had been declining for some time.

The 2015 GE turned the seat into a Labour marginal.

On the subject of UKIP I firmly believe that they are now a spent force in British politics.
its true that the Labour vote had a gradual decline and Jamie Reed was a poor quality and divisive MP which locals will have been aware of, plus Corbyn's CND past doesn't help in that constituency. But I'm with Londonblue on this - Labour lost Copeland purely and simply because they didn't get enough votes.

I agree with you that Stoke is likely to be the last time UKIP are considered challengers in any election.

A cursory look at the figures shows that Labour's share of the vote in the constituency had been declining for some time.

The 2015 GE turned the seat into a Labour marginal.

On the subject of UKIP I firmly believe that they are now a spent force in British politics.

So I'm right. They didn't gain enough votes to win.

I could have added "...a constituency they have never lost".

Well done Corduroy.

its true that the Labour vote had a gradual decline and Jamie Reed was a poor quality and divisive MP which locals will have been aware of, plus Corbyn's CND past doesn't help in that constituency. But I'm with Londonblue on this - Labour lost Copeland purely and simply because they didn't get enough votes.

I agree with you that Stoke is likely to be the last time UKIP are considered challengers in any election.

So I'm right. They didn't gain enough votes to win.

I could have added "...a constituency they have never lost".

Well done Corduroy.

While it's obviously true that Labour "didn't get enough votes to win" in Copeland that's hardly helpful as an analysis of why Labour lost there.

UKIP switchers from the 2015 GE contributed massively to Labour's defeat.

I suspect that will be the extent of UKIP's future contribution to by-elections and probably the next GE.Otherwise they are finished as a political force in the UK,IMO.

Calling agent Nuttall....Calling agent Nuttall... Return to Tory base your work is complete. Anyone but you could have won the Stoke By-election so well done for keeping our best asset, Jeremy Corbyn, as Labour leader.

By playing your role of a lying untrustworthy Scouser you have guaranteed that millions of voters will return to the Tory party. Which means certain victory at the next GE, no matter what happens with Brexit......Message complete.

Calling agent Nuttall....Calling agent Nuttall... Return to Tory base your work is complete. Anyone but you could have won the Stoke By-election so well done for keeping our best asset, Jeremy Corbyn, as Labour leader.

By playing your role of a lying untrustworthy Scouser you have guaranteed that millions of voters will return to the Tory party. Which means certain victory at the next GE, no matter what happens with Brexit......Message complete.

an odd one this as Farage has labelled UKIP's one MP a 'Tory posh boy' (Farage is famous for his love of Thatcher....a Tory) and Banks is planning to stand against Carswell at the next election. Nuttall's approach being scrutinised internally too. So are they just Tories as you say? And their plan was to lose elections you say (multiple achievements there). All very confusing. An interesting read here though:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...for-douglas-carswell-to-be-expelled-from-ukip

an odd one this as Farage has labelled UKIP's one MP a 'Tory posh boy' (Farage is famous for his love of Thatcher....a Tory) and Banks is planning to stand against Carswell at the next election. Nuttall's approach being scrutinised internally too. So are they just Tories as you say? And their plan was to lose elections you say (multiple achievements there). All very confusing. An interesting read here though:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...for-douglas-carswell-to-be-expelled-from-ukip

Farage has turned into a complete twonk. He wants a Knighthood as well you know. Round tbe pipe. Best he sticks to licking arse in the good ol US of A.

The party has had its moment..Nigel was the force,but it's all over now for them .

Back