• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ultimate 6 piece fry up

It amazes me how many people have omitted a fried egg.

The yolk is the king and must be respected.
They don't agree with me! Of all fried breakfast items, this is the one guaranteed to have me running to the loo - I'll stick with poached or scrambled!

I've delayed posting because this has taken some thinking time. I'd quite like the option of the Ultimate 6 plus a reserve bench, but you can't have everything. So mine are:

Fried slice (no breakfast is complete without)
unsmoked back bacon
A proper sausage (not a willy winky one full of cereal pretending to be a proper sausage)
Field mushroom
Hash brown
Grilled tomatoes

Having posted this I feel a visit to the Arches, Riverside cafe coming on very soon. Been avoiding since they reopened but I think the time is now so right!

Im glad the Hashbrown is featuring heavily in peoples choices , lets not beat around the bush , Fry ups are mainly full of cheap produce and i think thats half of the enjoyment ......you know its cheap , you know its not good for you but jeez it tastes good , especially when hungover .

I've delayed posting because this has taken some thinking time. I'd quite like the option of the Ultimate 6 plus a reserve bench, but you can't have everything. So mine are:

Fried slice (no breakfast is complete without)
unsmoked back bacon
A proper sausage (not a willy winky one full of cereal pretending to be a proper sausage)
Field mushroom
Hash brown
Grilled tomatoes

Having posted this I feel a visit to the Arches, Riverside cafe coming on very soon. Been avoiding since they reopened but I think the time is now so right!

Sounds like you are after quality there @Rootshallbloke. So, sautéed field mushrooms in butter perhaps? Sounds poncy (because it is) but I had them once and they were awesome.

For me:

1 x A proper big meaty sausage, but not the poncy fragrant over-spiced variety
1 x fried egg sunny side up
1 x Unsmoked thick back bacon
1 x beans
1 x fried slice
1 x mushrooms (any will do, but as above if available)

Topped off with builders tea and buttered toast (all the way to the edges!).

Sounds like you are after quality there @Rootshallbloke. So, sautéed field mushrooms in butter perhaps? Sounds poncy (because it is) but I had them once and they were awesome.

For me:

1 x A proper big meaty sausage, but not the poncy fragrant over-spiced variety
1 x fried egg sunny side up
1 x Unsmoked thick back bacon
1 x beans
1 x fried slice
1 x mushrooms (any will do, but as above if available)

Topped off with builders tea and buttered toast (all the way to the edges!).
yum yum on the mushrooms but I doubt I'd get them at the Arches, but I'd swap the tea for decent cafetiere of coffee with toast and marmalade.

Im glad the Hashbrown is featuring heavily in peoples choices , lets not beat around the bush , Fry ups are mainly full of cheap produce and i think thats half of the enjoyment ......you know its cheap , you know its not good for you but jeez it tastes good , especially when hungover .

Slightly off topic, but 'Denny's' Hash Browns in USA are to die for. We always get 2 portions!.

Back