• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ultimate Roast Dinner Meat?

Options.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
The family and I went to our friends for Sunday roast today. Said friends wife is Canadian and as such she hasn't done a lot of roasts.

However she has done her research and she delivered a very enjoyable pork roast. Pork for my mind is the ultimate roast meat as I love it plus you get the crackling if it's done well.

What is the ultimate SZ meat?

Lamb lamb lamb lamb lamb!!

I love roast lamb.

I did a nice roast chicken today with lemon and garlic (pretty standard).

Pork is nice but I think that it doesn't quite have the versatility in terms of flavours that other meats (especially lamb and chicken) have. Maybe I'm wrong...

There is one fav meat head on the zone:winking: but my fav is a bit of good beef.
Boxing day we went to friends for a roast and it was amazing,home made gravy to die for.
Whinge/moan.

Whilst I love crackling, pork and turkey are my least favourite meats. Chicken is probably my favourite as it's easiest to cook well, though I do love a good bit of roast beef (which is what we had yesterday incidentally, and it was delicious - one of those roasts where everything came out perfect!).

Carvery - as many meats as you can talk the chef into putting on your plate.

Ha!! Just how many times a day does he hear...

- "Hi, wow, looks really warm back there?" :stunned: :winking:

- "They've left you to it on their own again have they?" :'(

- "I'll just have the beef and turkey... thanks...

..............Ooh yeah, and maybe some of that pork... ahem, hmm, yes and that gammon please, I didn't have a yorkshire pudding after all..." :whistling:

Back