• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ultimatum Time

I said it and I stand by it. Relegation is a real possibility because the long term survival of the Club is much more important than short term considerations like which Division we happen to be in. But if such pragmatism is going to be painful for us, it's going to be even worse for Tilly and it wouldn't surprise me if he walked away.

He looked cheesed off with it all Saturday let alone after tonight. He's done miracles before but not with this load of old *****. Ron Martin on tv last night was still giving it the bully, enough is enough, we need players not tax bills and non existent building blocks!

Yes the long-term is more important. But we can't get relegated. We really can't. That'll be it. We'll be stuck down there, getting attendances 4,000 in a 22,000 seater stadium, high-earners will be chucked and dross on £500-1,000 p/w will be brought in. And worst of all, the one thing that has caused us to suffer this season, the one thing that might cause us to get relegated......will be USELESS. All of this will end up having been pointless. Because at the end of the day, if we're going to drop into L2, get in dross in £1k per week and sit in the bottom half of the table, then we can survive at Roots Hall.

Treading water in League One in the short-term until it's built I can accept. But I'm sorry, relegation would be unacceptable, especially when it can be avoided.

Also, if this is how things pan out, you've also got to question (as dubious as the thinking & honour behind the decision would have been) why we chose NOT to go into administration. That for me would be the ultimate demonstration of the current situation of mismanagement we find ourselves in. Taking a 10 point deduction and the relegation it would have brought would have been painful but at least it would allowed us to clear the slate financially and build (both the team & stadium) probably a whole lot quicker than things could end up.

Yes relegation would be a nightmare, but I'd rather have a Club to support in League Two next season, than no Club at all.

I think we will stay up this season, I have confidence in the lads, and the management team to ride through the storm, like they have previously.

Who know this time next week we could have brought in another defender and centre forward, and have beaten Swindon and everything will be rosey again.

Just papering over the cracks.

Just papering over the cracks.

Very possibly, but on here if we win a game we are the best team in the land, and if we draw we are shocking and are going to get relegated.

A run of wins, or even an unbeaten run and things will begin to look better.

Tilly just said ive got boys doing a mans job. They cant do anymore and neither can he. Quite simply his hands are tied and he cant bring the players in he needs to, that will turn this shambles around. Recipe for disaster...

How much longer will Tilly be here?

What money are we spending on the stadium? What would we have spent it on? No doubt there's money committed to buying the shops around Roots Hall but those funds will come from Sainsburys.

We're skint because we've lost £2m two years running. That money has destroyed our cashflow and whilst it's been bridged in the past by loans from the Directors and Parent Company, with the Stadium now not
guaranteed to even happen only an idiot would put money in.

thats right beefy so whats the point in carrying on aye??? we dont invest we go into non league obsecurity and fold or spend alittle and fold anyway, I know lets go down without a wimper and quitely go through the non leagues ground sharing with wakering, that way you cant say we have spent unwisley

The thing is, i just don't think we have enough quality in the squad to string a run of decent results together.

Especially as nearly every game coming up is a 6-pointer.

I still think it could be best for all parties if Tilson did walk.

A new voice in the dressing room could save this season at least. I think the majority of the squad are good enough for this level - Mildenhall, Francis, Barrett, Sankofa, Mvoto, Laurent, Macca, Grant, JFC are all IMO more than good enough. Paterson, Spencer are unknown quantities as of yet, but both seem to be ok - Moussa, Freedman and Walker are also capable.

So yea, we are light in certain areas - but this is by no means the 'worst squad we've ever had' (quality wise at least) - not even in my 24 years supporting the Blues. So for me, not matter how good of a job he has done in the past, what a legend he is etc - he sounds as down as the rest of us and that must get through to the players, so best he leaves now for fresh challenge and we get someone in who is a bit more tactically astute to work with the hand he has been dealt.

Also, if this is how things pan out, you've also got to question (as dubious as the thinking & honour behind the decision would have been) why we chose NOT to go into administration. That for me would be the ultimate demonstration of the current situation of mismanagement we find ourselves in. Taking a 10 point deduction and the relegation it would have brought would have been painful but at least it would allowed us to clear the slate financially and build (both the team & stadium) probably a whole lot quicker than things could end up.

Administration would have been the ultimate embarrasment for Ron and he pulled out all the stops to keep the chirade going, shame he don't do the same for Tilson as convinced he will be on his bike by March!

A run of wins from a team with a combined goal tally of 7 so far this season! Nice sentiment but likely?

We can't score, can't create & can't defend. Apart from that we aren't far off.

Tilly just said ive got boys doing a mans job. They cant do anymore and neither can he. Quite simply his hands are tied and he cant bring the players in he needs to, that will turn this shambles around. Recipe for disaster...

and there it is, no 'we were unlucky' or 'we should have got something' the uncomfortable truth, we cant afford to bring in a tin of boot polish for the bootroom let alone a couple of professional footballers, I know we have to be tight with the dosh for the long term and I know I want a club to support for ever, but at the moment its horrible to see what has become of the squad.

A run of wins from a team with a combined goal tally of 7 so far this season! Nice sentiment but likely?

We can't score, can't create & can't defend. Apart from that we aren't far off.

Its very possible.

You could argue the same points last season, then Dervite and Robinson arrive and we just miss out on the play-offs. The season before, wasn't setting the world alight, then January roles around and Barnard arrives and we get into the play-offs.

We have the basis of a good squad. We need a couple of extra bodies, and a consistent starting 11. Sankofa went off at half time, Laurent pulled out today and Macca has picked up his 10th booking of the season.

If we could put our best 11 out on the pitch for the remaining games, I'm confident of a mid-table finish.

Its very possible.

You could argue the same points last season, then Dervite and Robinson arrive and we just miss out on the play-offs. The season before, wasn't setting the world alight, then January roles around and Barnard arrives and we get into the play-offs.

We have the basis of a good squad. We need a couple of extra bodies, and a consistent starting 11. Sankofa went off at half time, Laurent pulled out today and Macca has picked up his 10th booking of the season.

If we could put our best 11 out on the pitch for the remaining games, I'm confident of a mid-table finish.

errr, we wasn't in quite the mess as we are now, players don't wanna come here anymore!

I wouldnt be too sure, taylor has had great success with hull and gillingham he was rubbish with us but certainly improved after that. But would back this up by saying I hope tilly is in charge for years to come

Taylor is a joke especially with Ron's funding, rather have Paul Clark anyday if Tilly did go, thanks Ron!

errr, we wasn't in quite the mess as we are now, players don't wanna come here anymore!

Do they not? Well, M'Voto has rejoined recently, Paterson and Spencer have signed recently, Malone has extended his deal with us. Going back a little further, Morrison, Friend, Heath, White, are all players that have come here.

We was in a pretty similar position in the table last season, and we had numerous Tilson out threads, same as the season before, and probably the season before that.

Back