• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I refuse to be F'd in the A by Apple so I am looking at the Lenovo Yoga, 2GHz i7 processor, Touch screen, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, £799.

Has anyone bought something similar recently they would recommend?

I like the look of that, but to me £799 is too much to pay for a tablet, and 2 GHz isn't great for a laptop so you're just paying for the ability to use it in both modes; you could get a tablet and a laptop separately for about £500 altogether so it depends how much you value having them in one device. It does look lovely though and I've played around with similar devices before and they've always impressed me. In any case they're much better than any Apple crap!

If I was looking to get a hybrid device now I'd look at the Microsoft Surface Pro 2, the 128GB version is also £799 but you'll need to add around £100 for the type/touch covers. It does come with the Surface Pen though and the latest Haswell Intel CPUs, also has a 1080P IPS display.

MS Surface Pro 2

edit:

Review here http://www.anandtech.com/show/7440/microsoft-surface-pro-2-review

Looks like the 128GB comes with 4GB RAM and the 256GB comes with 8GB, shame the jump in price between the two is pretty big.

Not really interested in the hybrid nature, I just need a really light laptop with plenty of oomph for software development.

The Lenovo specs **** all over the MacBook Air and cost less too.

Defo stay away from macs, there are plenty of light windows laptops.

Ive got a Dell XPS13 which does what I need it to, although never really demand much of it. The Toshiba Z830 range is nice and light as well.

Make sure you get an SSD whatever one you get.

Back