• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Ron On The Mic Mike?? Mic.

Bascially told us of plans for Tuesday and that "with a new ground I can make this club fly, but I cant do it at Roots Hall".

Top man in my book.

If he thought it was cut and dry and would go through without a hitch I dont think he would be on the pitch asking people to go on the march.

Thats not to say theres reason to think it wont either.

Bascially told us of plans for Tuesday and that "with a new ground I can make this club fly, but I cant do it at Roots Hall".

Top man in my book.

Did anyone think this bit sounded almost like an ultimatum and that he may be considering his position at the club if the plans don't go through? Just an observation and I have to agree with him that we positively NEED the stadium to progress.

Think you are reading a lot into it but yes its clear this is an important week.

He was just stating the facts, this club needs the stadium to progress and people need to get off their backsides and show their support come Tuesday.

Had a decent turnout last time at the Civic centre and hopefully will get the same this time.

Just seemed to me he was trying to rally some support after all 9.15 on a tuesday isnt that easy to get to without taking annual leave. Previous meetings were in the evening making it a little easier for us to get to. Working in a school i've got absolutely no chance of getting there.

Last time was at lunchtime so easier, but might turn up just for the walk up to civic centre and go to work afterwards.

exactly... for 90% of southend fans it just isnt an option and so it was good of RM to get on there and try and rally so we can get 100-200 fans down there in their shirts to drown out the handful of protesters that im sure will crawl out of the woodwork

i'm unemployed at the mo but they have to pick the one day i have a job interview next week! I just hope we get the green light coz its vital for our future.

hopefully something will make sure he leaves the club soon... not wishing anything horrible, of course...

hopefully something will make sure he leaves the club soon... not wishing anything horrible, of course...

Agreed.

Why do we want a chairman who wants the club to progress and do well.

Lets get someone like Jobson back who can get us in the conference where we belong.

Agreed.

Why do we want a chairman who wants the club to progress and do well.

Lets get someone like Jobson back who can get us in the conference where we belong.

No no, although if martin went the same way as jobson?

Back