• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Uncle Ron Throws a Tantrum

making the playoffs is a pipe dream , making the relegation zone more likely than that.

Your not wrong according to the bookies. We're best priced 20/1 with Coral, Ladbroke and Bet Victor to be relegated. Which I see as a value bet considering how we're playing at min. Injuries and the financial problems also not being able to sign anyone
66/1 to be promoted is best odds there is for all the optimists out there. Being offered by Paddy Power and Sky Bet

20 points from 20 games will be enough to stay up, so 6 wins and 2 draws.

Can't see that being an issue.

I am very much of the feeling that Ron asked SCP to put out a very strong side as we needed the prize money for winning. This would also explain his visit.

Ron certainly did with PB, when it went to the knock out stage. As we hadn't played on Saturday, Ron was well within his rights, after all he knows what some of them are earning. Although not bringing Hutchinson on at half time literally sucked the last bit of enthusiasm out of me,

I don't think you are far wrong there. This was probably our best chance of additional cash this season unless we make the play-offs, something that seems less and less likely.

Not that I think we will make the play-offs but its not the earner people think. The games are part of the TV package that all the clubs share, so no extra TV money. Even the gate money v Stevenage had to go into a pool to be shared amongst the semi-finalists.

Checkatrade is definitely good financially for a lower league club. Or a live 3rd/4th round FAC game v one of the big boys.

Well in hindsight we could harp on about financial gains from cup games all day but it is now irrelevant. I always say I'd back the club, manager, Ron and players through and through, but it's getting hard now isn't it.
For the club to have my full committed support I would like in return some commitment from them and effort put in from not only the players but the club on a financial aspect including more transparency on what is going on with finances and where we are making/losing money.
The latest rumours/speculation last night is that the caterers were not getting paid. Surely they should /could be self funding and pay a rent for the tea/food bars (maybe they are, I don't know).

My main point being, a lot of us and our comments on here and other social media outlets are often speculative, which brings a negative feel to the whole topic and this is why I get frustrated when we get sketchy comments from SCP, because watching him talk, he does not come across to me as confident and I personally often feel there is something hidden or the pure fact he just has no explanation.

I would normally say I have full faith in SCP and without question I still do, but I fear if the current form continues some fans will turn because at the end of the day the buck stops with him.
I also have no issue with Uncle Ron, but when we are in debt of what 18 million, have the tax man on our case (again) and all the other issues that seem to be arising I am starting to ask myself if he is fit to run any business or even the club. If the chairman of the company I work for got us in a financial mess like this, I know how it would be dealt with.

Another point, having already re-mortgaged his house once to pay HMRC, where is the cash coming from this time, and if it's that's tight the whole FF project is most definitely under threat.

Just my thoughts. I need breakfast and a lay down now

:Snore::Madhouse::Unsure:

Can’t help but feel we’re still being financially crippled by Brown’s signings, so not hard to see why RM was a bit hacked off having witnessed that performance.

We had Kightly, Hyam, Bunn and Cox out there who between them probably earn more than that Portsmouth XI put together.

Ron’s the master of paying he who shouts the loudest first. HMRC are now shouting the loudest so I expect they’ll be paid shortly. He was obviously hoping to have £40k in the bag to go towards it which now has to come from somewhere else.

I don't call someone who has built up huge debts that can never be repaid in the current operational environment really good....quite the opposite

In farness to Ron he has stated publicly he will right off our £17m of debts when FF is built.

Also a percentage of the flats will be owned by the club which will create a decent income....Enough to pay the burger bill at least.

One alternative for Ron could have been to not run up any debt and taken us down the Stockport route. After all we did get relegated from L1 at the same time.

If we were non league he could have built 2 stands at Southend Manor and moved us there. Sold RH and pocketed £20m. Then used that money to grease palms to still get a retail park and even more flats at FF without the biggest fly in the ointment holding things up... Namely a football stadium.

In fact the more I think about it.....Ron you really are a financial buffoon.

Maybe the sale of Yearwood might save the situation, or does a transfer embargo apply to sales as well as buys?

Can’t help but feel we’re still being financially crippled by Brown’s signings, so not hard to see why RM was a bit hacked off having witnessed that performance.

We had Kightly, Hyam, Bunn and Cox out there who between them probably earn more than that Portsmouth XI put together.

Ron’s the master of paying he who shouts the loudest first. HMRC are now shouting the loudest so I expect they’ll be paid shortly. He was obviously hoping to have £40k in the bag to go towards it which now has to come from somewhere else.

Weren't those 3 signed by CP last summer?

By the way I don't think Pompey have to sign players on the cheap when it comes to wages.

Good on Ron.
He supports Southend at the end of the day like the rest of us. If I had the ability to go in and give them a rocket I would. All I can do is boo and call them hopeless (which they are)
I think if I see another inept display like that this weekend, I will find it hard to keep supporting CP. Ron also looks quite ill in that photo. He works under massive pressure with all that's going on. When you put your heart, soul and more or less all your money into a club and then have to watch that . How would you feel ?

Ron maybe many things, but I doubt stupid

He knows one or two more games like that and the non season ticket holders will not turn up especially if mid table, end of the day the floating fan loves a promotion or relegation dog fight come end of season

Whether its true about non payments or just Shrimpermoan going into over drive , but he knows the people that matter are the floating fans, season tickets will always get a card, especially those that have lived through the days of Bobby Moore, Peter Taylor era, they were bad days

Players will always come to the club Paul Sturrock proved that when times are differcult,its whether the manager and Chairman can persuade them

Your not wrong according to the bookies. We're best priced 20/1 with Coral, Ladbroke and Bet Victor to be relegated. Which I see as a value bet considering how we're playing at min. Injuries and the financial problems also not being able to sign anyone
66/1 to be promoted is best odds there is for all the optimists out there. Being offered by Paddy Power and Sky Bet

When you say 'how we're playing at the minute', we all know the other night was dreadful but In recent weeks we've beaten a local rival, we've thumped a team that just knocked out Ipswich in the cup, and won away at a team that had only lost once in its previous 16 games.

We're winning every other game which should leave us very comfortably in mid-table. Only seven teams have won more games. Of course we don't draw ever, but that's not a bad thing as a win followed by a loss is better than two draws.

Let's not lose perspective. This is a bang average season. It's not a terrible one. Injuries have killed the season from a supporter's perspective, and we do need reinforcements as you say, so let's hope that Ron can sort this muddle out quickly.

^
Exactly.

Add to that, the integration of some of our younger players.

I did know that, I was referring to original signing but I suppose really that's irrelevant now

Think he took a pay cut in the summer to stay as well so while his wages may still be among the highest, this is reflected in his importance to the team. I'm not sure you could say the same about the likes of Kightly, Turner and Kiernan at this moment in time.

Ron sanctions the transfers. He controls the budget.

In farness to Ron he has stated publicly he will right off our £17m of debts when FF is built.

Also a percentage of the flats will be owned by the club which will create a decent income....Enough to pay the burger bill at least.

One alternative for Ron could have been to not run up any debt and taken us down the Stockport route. After all we did get relegated from L1 at the same time.

If we were non league he could have built 2 stands at Southend Manor and moved us there. Sold RH and pocketed £20m. Then used that money to grease palms to still get a retail park and even more flats at FF without the biggest fly in the ointment holding things up... Namely a football stadium.

In fact the more I think about it.....Ron you really are a financial buffoon.

There's no way the retail park would get built without the football club lol. You should know that.

Ron was probably presuming that we would win on Tuesday and pocket £40k. We would then have been in an area semi final which would have at least brought in a few quid in gate money and a chance to win another few tens of thousands of we won through. We have two games on our fixture list coming up against Portsmouth and Luton, which if played on the Saturday would mean the possible selling out of the North Bank plus a decent home following. As both teams are still in the FA Cup these matches could take place on Tuesdays. This would lose the club tens of thousands of pounds. The results of matches between Luton and Sheffield Wednesday next week and Portsmouth v QPR later in the month are in many ways more important than our own fixtures.

What I cant get my head around is the comments from the commentary where we were on top when we injected urgency into our play- which was for about 20 mins in the match..

I can forgive Theo and others giving the ball away, not controlling it et al and generally not being champ/prem quality- but it smacks of lack of drive and carelessness which is not acceptable.

This is why getting rid of Tims was an error. We have 4 CM who are all right footed. We could have not signed one and kept Tims and he would be in the side now because he is a lot of what we are lacking- commitment, urgency etc. He alongside Dru was the midfield that was showing promotion form end of last year. And Tims would be a lot cheaper than Hyam and be available for far more games.

Back