• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Uncle Ron's magic show

blue scorpion

Youth Team
Lets have a share issue,the proceeds of which will go to buying new players.
Lets get the season ticket money in before Gower and Bailey leave the club.
Lets get a few bob for Hooper, McDonald,Harrold etc.
Lets sell Bailey for £750,000.
Lets get Freedman on a late free transfer to satisfy the supporters so that they wont notice that I've spent bugger all on strenghening the defence or getting anyone who looks remotely capable of contributing the 20 plus goals from Gower and Bailey in midfield last year.
And that,my friends,is magic.

Are you suggesting that Ron doesnt have crystal balls?

If not then whats that clinking sound when he walks......

Pity really because I was going to ask him for the lottery numbers for Wednesdays draw :'(

I've got a different version -

Lets turn an average L2 club into a good L1 club and on the way, Lets get to the 2nd tier of English football
Lets ditch our old 12,500 seater stadium and replace it with a 23,000 seater one
Let us not have players who dont want to play for the club and instead have players such as Alan McCormack who give 100%
Lets increase our average attendence from 4000/4500 to 8000+ in a matter of seasons

Now that is magic!

Last edited:
uncle ron is a card......................and no mistake.

freedman has not got the pace so will rely on box play ie speed of thought.

so if the current players cannot deliver it into the box DF becomes an expensive luxury.

time will tell.

Lets get Freedman on a late free transfer to satisfy the supporters so that they wont notice that I've spent bugger all on strenghening the defence or getting anyone who looks remotely capable of contributing the 20 plus goals from Gower and Bailey in midfield last year.

listen don't ever share your opinion if its not posotive!!!! its just not on

read after me

all is good in the garden of eaden
all is rosie in the garden of edean
ron martin is the saviour
my leader my god

I've got a different version -

Lets turn an average L2 club into a good L1 club and on the way, Lets get to the 2nd tier of English football
Lets ditch our old 12,500 seater stadium and replace it with a 23,000 seater one
Let us not have players who dont want to play for the club and instead have players such as Alan McCormack who give 100%
Lets increase our average attendence from 4000/4500 to 8000+ in a matter of seasons

Now that is magic!
sorry have I missed anything ??? as far as I can see when I drive to Waitrose is a load of fields?

the current crowds have nothing to do with RM,tilson success has increased the fanbase not uncle ron.

the share issue was undersubscribed, we only get 750k for Bailey based on a bunch of clauses, and there's no evidence Tilly has been denied funds for a player. Other than that, well said?

There's nothing wrong with a negative perspective if that's how you feel, but a bit of accuracy wouldn't go amiss.

listen don't ever share your opinion if its not posotive!!!! its just not on

read after me

all is good in the garden of eaden
all is rosie in the garden of edean
ron martin is the saviour
my leader my god

Unfortunately cockles this is not opinion,it is fact.

very true,

maybe very good foresight from ron or tilly was very very cheap back then.

I harldy think that the managers that came before him were cheap i.e. Wignall so I dont see what difference wages would have made.

I harldy think that the managers that came before him were cheap i.e. Wignall so I dont see what difference wages would have made.

most managers wpould have wanted at least 2 year deal maybe even 3 years? which means RM could have to shell out decent cash if any other gaffer screws up.

thought tilly started the job on a temp basis?

most managers wpould have wanted at least 2 year deal maybe even 3 years? which means RM could have to shell out decent cash if any other gaffer screws up.

thought tilly started the job on a temp basis?

He was caretaker manager but after a few good results, Ron took a punt on hin which could have backfired bigtime as he was unproven

The share issue was well under subscribed as people may not have wanted to donate £120 minimum to the club, as is their choice.
The season tickets needed to be paid for earlier this year (perhaps a good bit of extra interest raised for the club ?)
Money raised by the sale of players helping to pay Mr Freedman's wages as I'm sure he doesn't come cheap as we didn't have to pay Palace for him ?
Real concern over the lack of creative mid-field , Macca yet to recover and when he plays we lose him for part of the season as refs pick on him and he will be suspended, no doubt.
Not so much magic as realism.

no the kind of cynicism that makes me despair. The man's ****ing saved thus club FFS.

The bottom line is that Ron has saved the club, but in his own property development interests as well.

Back