• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Under 21 European Championships

chapperzUK

Started last night and England play their first game tonight against Portugal.

Shame that Berahino has been ruled out of the tournament, but his replacement, Benik Afobe, has had a brilliant season and will be interesting to see how he does.

Think BT Sport have exclusive rights to it.

And I think you're right. At least with Sky I can buy matches singularly without having to subscribe long term. Makes a mockery of the British in BT really unless I cough up for their services.

This should be good,do hope we win it,do hope we do well.Will be watching in on German free tv,sport1 (dsf)The Germans are expecting to win this,again.The 2 other teams they think could do well are England & Italy...they still talk-write about the last Eng_german final (0-4).When before the game(a few days),Peace said "the team with the biggest balls will win this final" !!!.Hope he ment something else,than what he did..Southgate has done well so far,played good stuff,lets hope it carrys on so.

This should be good,do hope we win it,do hope we do well.Will be watching in on German free tv,sport1 (dsf)The Germans are expecting to win this,again.The 2 other teams they think could do well are England & Italy...they still talk-write about the last Eng_german final (0-4).When before the game(a few days),Peace said "the team with the biggest balls will win this final" !!!.Hope he ment something else,than what he did..Southgate has done well so far,played good stuff,lets hope it carrys on so.

Thanks for letting us know you're watching it for free ozzie. The rest of us without BT Sport will be pleased to hear it, no doubt.

Sorry mate,but if you have a dish aiming at the old satellite,when you could get sky & German tv,you can still get the game free,but you have half an hour to learn German!!!
Well what do they know ,Sweden beat Italy...COME ON ENGLAND

Anywhere other than BT Sport showing this?

Maybe if you put-in,on your "laptop"...sport1(germany-Deutschland),you could well watch the game live,but in German...As i wrote,its free here,so might get it easy

Watching live on BT. Unfortunately, you're not missing much. Being stifled by a technically better Portuguese side. Couple of flashes for Kane, Redmond flitted in and out, but Portugal controlling possession.

Good first half, but a poor second half with a poor goal conceded too. Several players in the box all gave up when it came to their forward and not ready for the rebound.

On a positive note, Pritchard came on and we got into the game a lot more.

sadly,same old,same old.....at least now we MUST win both games..maybe!!
Sadly,this time next season,we could be in the same position.Now if then they got rid of Roy,who knows,they say Southgate is in the picture.If we dont get into the semis,then i think he will not get it...then who..Gary .N.??But with some luck,i think we will do well(u-21).But the pressure is now on.Can the players handle it..can Southgate!!! hope so...COME ON ENGLAND

If you go to...zdfsport.de..then click onto u-21,at 1700(1800 german)..you can watch the Sweden -England game live.free...but in German..

Chalobah and Liam Moore are both awful at this level. Few names on the bench that I'm struggling to understand, as Carroll and Gibson don't fill me with excitement either.

Very poor 1st half,2nd will be different!!! Southgate knows we must win,will change it:But if we get beat!!we will be the first team out..

sadly,same old,same old.

Indeed, particularly from the Anti-England Brigade.

The right result tonight, but not the right performance although the game certainly wasn't helped by Sweden's one and only game plan being to frustrate England. Garbutt has no place in the side, he offers very little going forward and is very loose in possession. The contrast between the two full-backs couldn't have been starker, as I thought Jenkinson was very good throughout.

Pritchard and Lingard both look like very bright footballers, however Carroll and Chalobah in the centre of the park just doesn't work. They're both far too negative with the ball and Chalobah in particular contributed very little, instead opting to Gerrard it out of touch on a few occasions. What's Ward-Prowse doing on the bench having to watch these two lark about? Why wasn't Loftus-Cheek brought on at the same time Ings was? I don't think you could really rate the two centre-halfs on what they had to contend with tonight, but Moore was disappointing with his distribution and you'd have to rate Chambers' chances of being better in that role.

For the Italy game I'd go:

Butland
Garbutt (he's the only left back I think?) - Gibson - Chambers - Jenkinson
Ward-Prowse - Loftus-Cheek
Redmond - Pritchard - Lingard
Kane

Matt Targett of Southampton is the other left back in the squad. Isn't Stones now available too?

Matt Targett of Southampton is the other left back in the squad. Isn't Stones now available too?

Ah, I was just about to say I haven't seen anything of Targett, but with only six games in two years at Southampton and just the one U21 cap it probably explains why Garbutt's ahead of him. A shame Shaw's injury has kept him out then.

Forgot about Stones. Him and Chambers would seemingly be a decent pairing, unless Southgate wants Gibson in there as his left-sided centre-half.

Indeed, particularly from the Anti-England Brigade.

The right result tonight, but not the right performance although the game certainly wasn't helped by Sweden's one and only game plan being to frustrate England. Garbutt has no place in the side, he offers very little going forward and is very loose in possession. The contrast between the two full-backs couldn't have been starker, as I thought Jenkinson was very good throughout.

Pritchard and Lingard both look like very bright footballers, however Carroll and Chalobah in the centre of the park just doesn't work. They're both far too negative with the ball and Chalobah in particular contributed very little, instead opting to Gerrard it out of touch on a few occasions. What's Ward-Prowse doing on the bench having to watch these two lark about? Why wasn't Loftus-Cheek brought on at the same time Ings was? I don't think you could really rate the two centre-halfs on what they had to contend with tonight, but Moore was disappointing with his distribution and you'd have to rate Chambers' chances of being better in that role.

For the Italy game I'd go:

Butland
Garbutt (he's the only left back I think?) - Gibson - Chambers - Jenkinson
Ward-Prowse - Loftus-Cheek
Redmond - Pritchard - Lingard
Kane

Didn't see last night's game, but that pretty much sums up Chalobah performance against the Portuguese as well.

Back