• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
Yeovil - Showaddywaddy crew report!

Written by Craig The Jock McKenzie!

http://www.myspace.com/theshowaddywaddycrew

21 Feb 2008

Yeovil 0 SUFC 3

Having failed to fill the spare seat left by Sam the Showaddywaddy Crew left Stanford Macdonalds at 9am with the usual 'under the moon of love' anthem blasting out the car. As Scott and Girthy tucked into the beer and ammaretto little did we know the suprise that was in store for us during the proceedings of the day.

After having made a few **** stops, including a stop at the services where Scott won eighty odd quid, the Showaddywaddy pulled up outside Huish Park at 12.30pm. Making haste for the beer tent, the rest of the 500 strong Blues support that were to invade Somerset that day gradually arrived. After a small pre-match kick about on the nearby astroturf with the local kids, and laughing hysterically at Girth while he managed to lose the kids football over a fence not just once but twice, we made it into the ground with twenty minutes to kick off.

The game was not exactly thrilling, in fact my attention during the 90 minutes was quite often turned to the drunken Girth as at one time he bizarrely threw his shoe onto the pitch. Quite how he managed to stay in the ground i will never know, but after a ropey first ten minutes, the Blues took the lead on 20 minutes when Barnard smashed home after a superb build up. Then 18 minutes later Clarke rose highest to head home after a wipping free kick delivery from Charlie Mulgrew. 2-0 up at half time was certainly a pleasant suprise, maybe a little undeserved although it was a very solid first half performance.

As the second half got underway there was no early Yeovil onslaught as i expected, instead Gower managed to squeeze in between two defenders to head home from 6 yards. The Blues were 3 nil up without really trying, and they continued to cruise through the rest of the half with a very impressive performance from James Walker. Gower hit the bar in the last minute but the points were never in danger as 3 nil it finished.

A leisurely drive home with just the one stop this time (and yes Scott won MORE money), and after dropping the rest of the boys off i was back in Rayleigh just after 9pm. A valuable three points, a cruising performance from the boys in blue, an easy drive there and back, it was truly an effortless day out.

Man of the Match: James Walker was very impressive. He scared the Yeovil defence constantly through the game and gave them real problems all afternoon.

Chant of the Day: Would have to go the randomness of Girthy's Adebayour chant... as apparently Adebayour's dad washes elephants and his mums a whore.

Day Rating: 9/10. A truly effortless day out, up with the likes of Walsall and Bournemouth away. However, not quite on the level of Preston and Macclesfield away for a perfect 10!

Bring on the Cheltenham on Friday!

You boys had me and the nipper pishing ourselves laughing. I particularly liked the cheesy attempt to chat up the female steward.

The male steward's reaction was effing hilarious, as were the steak meal / cheese on toast songs that followed.

One point though, try and keep yourself covered up, half naked men cavorting on open terraces are not attractive........ unless you're a metalhead gayer that is!

You boys had me and the nipper pishing ourselves laughing. I particularly liked the cheesy attempt to chat up the female steward.

The male steward's reaction was effing hilarious, as were the steak meal / cheese on toast songs that followed.

One point though, try and keep yourself covered up, half naked men cavorting on open terraces are not attractive........ unless you're a metalhead gayer that is!

Yeah he only could offer cheese on toast with his money!

she wanted me blatant!

top day out that was, and very much enjoyed your antics in the McD's in the morning Scott with the kids mask and the inpression of Ronald McDonald! shame craig missed that one out but good report craig!

top day out that was, and very much enjoyed your antics in the McD's in the morning Scott with the kids mask and the inpression of Ronald McDonald! shame craig missed that one out but good report craig!

You talking about this ...................

photo013dk4.jpg

Apologies that i missed that out but i was busy waiting for my McMuffin. Also apologies for missing out on the steak meal and the steward... it was hilarious! in fact the whole day was hilarious. unfortunaltey for everyone going to cheltenham... i will be driving and Girth will once again be drinking!!!
:D

Apologies that i missed that out but i was busy waiting for my McMuffin. Also apologies for missing out on the steak meal and the steward... it was hilarious! in fact the whole day was hilarious. unfortunaltey for everyone going to cheltenham... i will be driving and Girth will once again be drinking!!!
:D

Great report and good to see you on the board, Craig - but what are you doing associating with the likes of True Blue and the Girth??

:eek: :eek:

:hilarious:

Great report and good to see you on the board, Craig - but what are you doing associating with the likes of True Blue and the Girth??

Cheers. Its nice to be on.. ive always just admired the 'wisdom' on here but i thought i would join the madness!

Met TrueBlue and Girthy through Sam Snell and since been on most away trips with them since... the trips are always intriguing with them in the car :hilarious: (also does help with the finances for when i drive to the away games) :D

appolagies firstly to anyone i offended during the game, before & after.
it was all meant as gentle banter.

SORRY

just to add craigs great blog, i did actually sprain my ankle during the kick about & it hurts like fcuk still.
on the plus side i did eventually get the kids ball back. even if i did have to climb 5 fences, then go through a factory & trade counter to get out again. ha ha ha.

p.s. why did i throw my shoe on the pitch ?!
(act your age ian)

SORRY

just to add craigs great blog, i did actually sprain my ankle during the kick about & it hurts like fcuk still.
on the plus side i did eventually get the kids ball back. even if i did have to climb 5 fences, then go through a factory & trade counter to get out again. ha ha ha.

(act your age ian)

LETS ALL DO THE CONGA

Cheers. Its nice to be on.. ive always just admired the 'wisdom' on here but i thought i would join the madness!

Met TrueBlue and Girthy through Sam Snell and since been on most away trips with them since... the trips are always intriguing with them in the car :hilarious: (also does help with the finances for when i drive to the away games) :D

I wondered who had drawn the short straw doing the driving but I never dreamt it would be you. And intriguing has to be the understatement of the year! :hilarious:

See you at Wembley for the PO final, if not before.

I wondered who had drawn the short straw doing the driving but I never dreamt it would be you. And intriguing has to be the understatement of the year! :hilarious:

See you at Wembley for the PO final, if not before.

haha i meant intriguing as in you never know what might happen... cant wait for Cheltenham ha!

btw could i ask the girth.. to give the full rendition of his adebayour chant and explain where it came from please haha!

craig i have no idea where that came from mate ?!
i seem to remember singing lost of songs & getting them all wrong too.
& how i kept a straight face when asking "for my shoe back" il never know.

may i suggest anohter chorus of "shoes off if you love the blues"
on friday ?

craig i have no idea where that came from mate ?!
i seem to remember singing lost of songs & getting them all wrong too.
& how i kept a straight face when asking "for my shoe back" il never know.

may i suggest anohter chorus of "shoes off if you love the blues"
on friday ?

Genius! i cant believe you didnt get chucked out! Cheltenham beware if your gonna be as drunk as you were

LETS ALL DO THE CONGA

what a poor conga that was btw, about 5 of us from memory
trueblue, i luv b&s fc, myself & few others...up the stairs around the back, down stairs again to go infront of the goal.
then the steward just looked at us & said "thats enough lads"
boooo, hisss, boooo

"shoes off, if you love the blues"

SORRY

(act your age ian)

ian not surprised you hoofed the ball over, you were always **** at football when we used to play outside the garages in eastwood!
;)

fifty years old felt like twenty sat never stoped laughing then me my son and mates got pi--ed some more in the hotel bar , and yes we had a steak meal PS the look on that stormtroopers face with you lot was a picture top support fellas

Back