• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unglamourous club

blueritethru

Youth Team
George Gavin from Sky Sports has just incensed me by saying that the 3 clubs promoted to the championship this year are unglamourous
mad.gif

Cheeky monkey, there has been a strop 'o' mail sent to the Sky Sports sports editor
mad.gif

Perhaps we are not BIG enough for the Sky Sports prima madonnas
tounge.gif

Very cheeky indeed, but quite true. Out of the three clubs that have gone up though, we are by far the best in all aspects!

YOu dont have to be a glamorous club to go a long way nowadays so who cares!
laugh.gif

What I found funny was that tw&t Gary Birtles saying how impressed he was at the way Southend were reacting to going 1-0 down.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ May 27 2006,18:14)]What I found funny was that tw&t Gary Birtles saying how impressed he was at the way Southend were reacting to going 1-0 down.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I thought i heard him saying that!!

He's a prize **** anywhooo!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blueritethru @ May 27 2006,18:04)]George Gavin from Sky Sports has just incensed me by saying that the 3 clubs promoted to the championship this year are unglamourous
mad.gif

Cheeky monkey, there has been a strop 'o' mail sent to the Sky Sports sports editor
mad.gif

Perhaps we are not BIG enough for the Sky Sports prima madonnas
tounge.gif
I'm sorry but what part of that do you have a problem with? We ARE an unfashionble side. Why are you getting annoyed about that?

Exactly. The only real 'fashionable' sides in league 1 are Swansea (fancy new stadium), Forest (long ago european antics) and Bristol City (well, their fans seem to think so).

What does it matter anyway? We're all here on merit and there's nothing sky can do to change that so there's no need to get agitated about some throwaway comment.

It seems the truth hurts some people. We ARE an unglamourous side and I have nothing wrong with accepting that. It makes our rise up the Football League even sweeter especially as many so-called 'pundits' would have tipped us to be in the Ryman League by now. Just accept it and don't be so touchy. We are hardly going to compete on the glamour side with the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United, are we?!

biggrin.gif

tbh i dont care if no one else likes southend! they are my team and no amount of people saying we are unglamorous and unfashionable will stop me supporting the mighty shrimpers! look at wigan - the unfashionable club of the premiership - they have done wonders!
blues.gif

There are actually few glamourous clubs. i.e. ones glory seeking tw&ts will support for the cache. Man U is one, Liverpool another and probably Arsenal. West Ham is of course de rigueur for pseudo cockney tw&t actors like Ray Winstone (how does that man get work?)
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]tbh i dont care if no one else likes southend! they are my team and no amount of people saying we are unglamorous and unfashionable will stop me supporting the mighty shrimpers! look at wigan - the unfashionable club of the premiership - they have done wonders!

Iam proud to support an smaller club in Championship, I hope we will be the future "unfashionable" that play in the Premiership, put your money on Southend to be in Premiership in 2010-11 season, if we get the new ground, giving Tilson & Brush an long term contract then that will happen.

PS: Bring this topic up in 2010 to see if Iam right, like FM Vs Javea_Shrimper topic on crowd avg (both started in May 2004) & FM was correct.

last season we had that 2 streakers on one game and the she cum back and done it again surely this means we are a glamorous club how much more glamour in one season do they want!

Love the litel gif of Southend at Layer Road. Good work whoever that is!

Love how much complete rubbish people speak on open forums like that. It always surprises me how wrong I can find people when it comes to football!!

just read it. Some good posts, some sensible, some complete b******s. Seemed pretty fair banter. Secretly they'll not fancy it much. QPR guy seemed a bit of a nutter. Still, mustn't judge fans by the rantings of a few.

Back