• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

uninsured drivers

graysblue

Banned
last year in london the old bill captured 14,500 uninsured drivers,however this figure has rocketed to 14,100 in 6 months.

the police it appears take the car/van to be crushed or sold on.

these figures are in my view the tip of the iceburg,if the force used blanket coverage they would catch 10 fold more fly by nights.

if these idiots who drive without cover realised in the event of a serious crash they will be libel for shedloads,saying that they would not cough up in any case.

had the misfortune to drive up that there london a few weeks ago,talk about the whacky races.

At a time when the government are citing the need to force people off of the roads as a reason to hike petrol duties, I'd love to hear them try to justify the penalties (or lack thereof) given to people who show so little concern for others on the road.

Drive without appropriate licence - lifetime ban.

Drive without appropriate insurance - lifetime ban.

Drink drive - lifetime ban.

Engage in reckless driving - lifetime ban.

The above would remove people from the roads who have demonstrated that they can't be trusted to use them, as opposed to targeting the poor. Of course, what it wouldn't do is fill the Treasury's coffers, so I'm not expecting to see it happen in my lifetime.

The fine for being uninsured is less than the insurance itself. Some people risk it.

Depending on the county you live in. Stat charges are as follows

£105.00 for recovery
£18.00 per day storage (revised for the first time in 10 years two weeks ago.)
£204.00 standard fine charged at court.

Metropolitain (sp) charges are more but not sure what they are at the moment.

Do it and you get caught then it's gonna cost a bundle and if you don't pay then the wheels go in the crusher.

Oh and bear in mind, if said wheels are worth less than £1000 then it gets squashed anyway as puting it through the process just isn't worth the bother.

anyone watch the cop prog last night? i know some of you think its rigged.

the cases/peiople caught.

2 chinese guys caught smuggling drugs and being illegal immigrants.

polish driver causes mayhem in his lorry

asian doctor driving at 101mph with his 3 year old kid standing on the back seat.

frenchman caught for the SECOND time without insurance.

2 asian lads caught in stolen car.

the frenchman used the old tactic of paying his insurance monthly then after 2 payments stopped paying as he had his cover note.

the doctor lied and lied again ,this guy who is meant to be caring yet allowed his own child to face almost certain death in the event of him crashing or braking hard.

the prog produced stats which stated that accidents had risen by 50% due to foreign drivers.

on the news last night,
the goverment are clamping down on uninsured drivers,2 drivers were filmed being nicked,1 was an asian taxi driver without insurance the other was a black guy who refused to talk on camera.

are the beeb being racist or just showing whats happening on our roads?

Also them ******s who are uninsured are hiking the price up for us that are insured!

correct,

it puts an average £40 on to our cover,in addition there are many people who claim time and time again whilst purposedly causing accidents

correct,

it puts an average £40 on to our cover,in addition there are many people who claim time and time again whilst purposedly causing accidents

Is that still classed as an accident, if it was pre-meditated, surely no longer an accident, but done on purpose ;)

asian doctor driving at 101mph with his 3 year old kid standing on the back seat.

the frenchman used the old tactic of paying his insurance monthly then after 2 payments stopped paying as he had his cover note.

the doctor lied and lied again ,this guy who is meant to be caring yet allowed his own child to face almost certain death in the event of him crashing or braking hard.

the prog produced stats which stated that accidents had risen by 50% due to foreign drivers.

on the news last night,
the goverment are clamping down on uninsured drivers,2 drivers were filmed being nicked,1 was an asian taxi driver without insurance the other was a black guy who refused to talk on camera.

Yeah I watched most of this. Biggest disgrace of it all was that the programme was pretty much full of foreigners!!! What the hell is wrong with this country? We need to have a no tolerance rule. If you come to live over here you behave, if you break the law then ta da - back home it is. Makes me furious.

on the news last night,

I would imagine that the program makers wanted to make the program a bit 'cops and robbers' to keep the punters interested.

If the program was largely comprised of footage of housewives being pulled over for exceeding 30mph on the way home from the school run I doubt it would get many viewers.

I would imagine that the program makers wanted to make the program a bit 'cops and robbers' to keep the punters interested.

If the program was largely comprised of footage of housewives being pulled over for exceeding 30mph on the way home from the school run I doubt it would get many viewers.

the chinese guys were having a **** on the hard shoulder,hence why the cops became interested in them.

the doctor roared past an unmarked squad car

the french guy was caught with the number plate recgonition

the asian lads were in a reported nicked car

the polish guy caused an accident through dangerous driving.

the chinese guys were having a **** on the hard shoulder,hence why the cops became interested in them.

the doctor roared past an unmarked squad car

the french guy was caught with the number plate recgonition

the asian lads were in a reported nicked car

the polish guy caused an accident through dangerous driving.

And do you think these where the only pinches the cops made whilst the camera crew were about?

Or the ones that made the best TV?

And do you think these where the only pinches the cops made whilst the camera crew were about?

Or the ones that made the best TV?

are you saying that progs only show certain nicks in order to boost viewers?

to be honest if they were black/white/green/yellow if they break the law they deserved to be pinched.

At a time when the government are citing the need to force people off of the roads as a reason to hike petrol duties, I'd love to hear them try to justify the penalties (or lack thereof) given to people who show so little concern for others on the road.

Drive without appropriate licence - lifetime ban.

Drive without appropriate insurance - lifetime ban.

Drink drive - lifetime ban.

Engage in reckless driving - lifetime ban.

The above would remove people from the roads who have demonstrated that they can't be trusted to use them, as opposed to targeting the poor. Of course, what it wouldn't do is fill the Treasury's coffers, so I'm not expecting to see it happen in my lifetime.

But it wouldn't. They would just carry on. If you're illegal, you're illegal, you can't be banned twice so you might as well carry on.

my view,

ANY drink driving ie even 1 pint should be outlawed.

penalties as follows

1st offence DD 5 years ban £2000 fine,get caught again = 3 years in nick get caught again 6 years in nick and so on.

no insurance,car sold/crushed massive fine if person cannot pay fine they spend a day in nick for every tenner,if they get caught again 5 years in clink.

i think every driver should retake their test every year, and only over-25s and under-65s should be allowed to drive.

and certainly no-one on the road who can't pass a basic Britishness test.

i think every driver should retake their test every year, and only over-25s and under-65s should be allowed to drive.

and certainly no-one on the road who can't pass a basic Britishness test.

plus

anyone driving whilst on their mobile should be horsewhipped and the offending phone inserted into their anus.

that would stop the buggers

Back