• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ok I was reluctant to post this but isn't this a case of bigger picture time? The CCJ and PFA assistance appears to be linked to a cashflow problem. I am making assumptions here but I don't believe that these two issues are not directly linked and it doesnt take a finance genius to realise the severity of this.

Not being able to satisfy creditors as and when they fall due is the main reason companies fail. There's a lot of rumour and speculation about bonuses not being paid and whilst I appreciate that managing the finances of a lower league football club is an extremely difficult job we must all be aware of how easy it is for a club to fall into the chasm of administration.

I apologise if the post is a bit melodromatic, however, as I've said before I am extremely concerned about the financial security of the club.

The CCJ arose as a result of a dispute in which the club believed that they were correct to withhold payment, but coughed up when judgement went against them.

We have no idea what the story is behind the past payments to player(s) from the PFA. It might be prudent to ask the question through the proper channels, but what's the benefit in then assuming the worst before the club have had a chance to respond? If after a reasonable period there's either no answer from the club or an unsatisfactory one then yes, that would be cause for concern. Given the openness is explaining how the CCJ came about why do we need to assume the worst without any substantial reason to do so?

I'll continue to support the club and the people who have done right by it until I'm given a real reason not to do so.

EDIT: If the players look to you like a bunch who are being messed around, missing out on payments and so on then you're watching a different team to me.

Last edited:
Just to be devil's advocate?
What about something that is real but not in the public domain?

I'll wait until I see evidence of evasiveness on the part of the club before speculating on that. I'm personally prepared to give a guy who has written off millions in debt the benefit of the doubt for a few days.

Time for a bump? Makes some interesting reading especially that Defiler fella from pages 3 onwards. :)

Time for a bump? Makes some interesting reading especially that Defiler fella from pages 3 onwards. :)

I said then that I'd start to worry when tangible evidence started to appear that the club had more on its plate than it could handle, and I hit that point a little over three months ago:

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=53114

Would that have been enough time for a coordinated effort to have made a difference? We'll never know now. We've been told all along that nothing of the sort would be necessary, so I for one would certainly feel extremely let down if the worst happens to have been denied the opportunity to help.

Trouble is, and I'm not blaming you personally for this, there are so many posters preoccupied with throwing as much mud at the club as possible - and it's not just at Ron, it can be the manager or individual players when the opportunity arises - that the SNR rapidly drops through the floor and it becomes harder for legitimate points to be heard. Allegations of mismanagement are potentially very damaging to the club's reputation, and should surely be backed up with hard evidence. In its absence do you presume innocence or guilt? If I have been dismissive of real, substantiated concerns then I apologise, but I still feel that the proportion of past Ron bashing which falls into that category is fairly small.

We've got a lifetime to go back over what has happened in the past. Southend United face real and immediate threats, and for now that's where my attention is going to be primarily focused.

Trouble is, and I'm not blaming you personally for this, there are so many posters preoccupied with throwing as much mud at the club as possible - and it's not just at Ron, it can be the manager or individual players when the opportunity arises - that the SNR rapidly drops through the floor and it becomes harder for legitimate points to be heard. Allegations of mismanagement are potentially very damaging to the club's reputation, and should surely be backed up with hard evidence. In its absence do you presume innocence or guilt? If I have been dismissive of real, substantiated concerns then I apologise, but I still feel that the proportion of past Ron bashing which falls into that category is fairly small.

I've never bashed Ron for what he is trying to achieve (check my post history) I totally agree with the direction he's been pushing the club but, like Icarus, he just flew to close to the sun.

The warning signs have been there for a long time though, although maybe as its the job I do it was a lot more apparent for me to see. It was impossible to back up with hard evidence as that information wasnt in the public domain, however, when you hear certain things it definitely sets alarm bells ringing.

Back