• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unisex Toilets.

As long as the cubicles are secure/private, then fail to see what the issue is. Seems like lots of places are going down the route of having a few neutral toilets which comprise a toilet and sink. Seems fine to me.

They're not secure and private. They're normal school size toilets. They are two toilets with one shut down and using the space for something else, and the remaining one becoming unisex. So the boys are in the toilet area, and hang around and make comments before the girls go in and when they come out of the cubicle. Girls also said they were too embarrassed to do a number 2 if boys were outside the cubicle.

I remember being a teenager despite it being lifetime ago and I think it's fair that girls have their own safe space away from hormonal boys at a time that their bodies are changing.

Trying to take a dump with a woman in the next cubicle doesn't work for me. Would add a whole new level of anxiety to someone who really identifies with the classic Ben Elton bit:

I noticed that at Chelmsford Ice rink they have gender neutral toilets after its refurb.

They're not secure and private. They're normal school size toilets. They are two toilets with one shut down and using the space for something else, and the remaining one becoming unisex. So the boys are in the toilet area, and hang around and make comments before the girls go in and when they come out of the cubicle. Girls also said they were too embarrassed to do a number 2 if boys were outside the cubicle.
seem to know a lot about it

seems like the solution is just to ban men/boys from all toilets. clearly the root of the problem

A girl at secondary school is just as likely to be "period shamed" in a unisex toilet as in a girls only one. Girls of that age can be absolute bitches towards each other.

In my kids' experience at school, in the Infants, there were two toilets in each classroom, anyone of either sex could use any of them. Juniors was where they first had separate toilet blocks for girls and boys. They had the same at Seniors. My daughter would hold on all day as she hated using the toilets at school.

Where I worked, at Kents Hill, there were also two toilets in the classrooms of years 3 and 4, but a small block for girls and similar for boys in years 5 and 6.

Little boys will continue to throw wet towels at the ceiling whether they're in unisex or boys only toilets, and girls will continue to giggle in the loos similarly.

At work, we have one toilet between 9 of us - with slightly more men than women. It's not a problem.

I do have a problem with public toilets being unisex. Would all the cubicles have sanitary bins in, for instance? I also think a woman is far more at risk in a unisex one than a ladies only. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Just to add, there's also been many girls reporting boys taking photo's under or over the cubicle with their mobile phones, then disappearing fast. Not so many lately, as it's now a crime.

All, no. Womens/Girls toilets, yes.

What if, they identify as women? Are you a terf?

:Thumbs up:

ps aside from the Middle East issue, this is a twitter minefield, and at its heart is some transphobic politics.

My solution:

Men-only toilets
Women-only toilets
Unisex toilets (or gender-neutral)
Disabled toilets

The only way to resolve the issue, is to have more choice, not less. Councils/venues are using this to reduce the number of facilities, which has a knock-on effect.

ps aside from the Middle East issue, this is a twitter minefield, and at its heart is some transphobic politics.

My solution:

Men-only toilets
Women-only toilets
Disabled toilets

The only way to resolve the issue, is to have more choice, not less. Councils/venues are using this to reduce the number of facilities, which has a knock-on effect.

Terf? Not as I'm aware.....but the solution you've come up with is what I've been advocating all along!

American toilet cubicles seem to be designed to offer as little privacy as possible.

At my US offices there is a 1ft gap at the bottom and the cubicle walls are under 6ft.

In addition there is a half inch gap around the door.

The convention is to just keep your eyes down and hope everybody else does the same.

Out of interest, did someone step down from the seat, spray red paint in your face and punch you out when you opened the door while wearing roller skates?

Out of interest, did someone step down from the seat, spray red paint in your face and punch you out when you opened the door while wearing roller skates?
sorry off topic- No idea why but we were talking about the warriors at work yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised that my colleagues in their thirties thought it was as good as my err age group

My solution:

Men-only toilets
Women-only toilets
Disabled toilets

the solution is to have unisex toilets comprising a row/set of enclosed rooms with a single toilet and sink. Make sure they're accessible/disabled friendly and have baby changing facilities as well. simple

American toilet cubicles seem to be designed to offer as little privacy as possible.
At my US offices there is a 1ft gap at the bottom and the cubicle walls are under 6ft.
In addition there is a half inch gap around the door.
The convention is to just keep your eyes down and hope everybody else does the same.

Must admit that although I've been to America 15 times, I still cant relax when having to use one of them, for the reasons you've stated.
But on a more serious note, we're told over here that if you notice any blood on your 'no. 2's', then go to your GP. My late wife did, & this resulted in her being diagnosed with Bowel cancer.
Yet out there, as soon as you lift your bum off the seat, whoosh & everything's flushed away, before you can get a glimpse of it!!!.

the solution is to have unisex toilets comprising a row/set of enclosed rooms with a single toilet and sink. Make sure they're accessible/disabled friendly and have baby changing facilities as well. simple

In a school? You're asking for trouble.

sorry off topic- No idea why but we were talking about the warriors at work yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised that my colleagues in their thirties thought it was as good as my err age group

More apologies as still off topic, I visited Coney Island in May & brought a Warriors T shirt. I was wearing it whilst out running on Sunday, & near Thames Drive where the traffic was waiting for the lights to turn green, as I ran by a bloke wound the window down, & shouted out 'great T shirt, love that film'!!!

Back