• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unisex Toilets.

More apologies as still off topic, I visited Coney Island in May & brought a Warriors T shirt. I was wearing it whilst out running on Sunday, & near Thames Drive where the traffic was waiting for the lights to turn green, as I ran by a bloke wound the window down, & shouted out 'great T shirt, love that film'!!!

Ha! Also off topic.But it so happens that my wife's in NYC atm (I visited a couple of times back in the early/ mid- 70's before we met).She's been on at me to go over agan for some time now and only stopped nagging me about it when I told her the only thing I wanted to see there now was Coney island.Don't think I'd fancy a Warriors T.shirt though. :Winking:

More apologies as still off topic, I visited Coney Island in May & brought a Warriors T shirt. I was wearing it whilst out running on Sunday, & near Thames Drive where the traffic was waiting for the lights to turn green, as I ran by a bloke wound the window down, & shouted out 'great T shirt, love that film'!!!

Hope he didn't ask you to come out and play.

Ha! Also off topic.But it so happens that my wife's in NYC atm (I visited a couple of times back in the early/ mid- 70's before we met).She's been on at me to go over agan for some time now and only stopped nagging me about it when I told her the only thing I wanted to see there now was Coney island.Don't think I'd fancy a Warriors T.shirt though. :Winking:

I loved Coney Island when I went out there in early 2002. Think it's something to do with the boardwalk - where just under and beyond it, I'm sure I saw Spike Lee dressed in Yankees threads whilst the guy who played Sal in 'Do The Right Thing' was playing an outdoor squash kind of game with three other guys - and the amusement park area, 'Astro Land' (?sic), with its Kursaal-style connotations. And all the Russian voices of 'Little Odessa' at the other end from the Nathan's hot dog joint. Plus you can see the world famous (thanks to The Ramones) Rockaway Beach just north-east from that walk along the boardwalk. And of course, slightly dodgy, back near Stilwell subway is Woody's Mermaid Avenue.

I loved Coney Island when I went out there in early 2002. Think it's something to do with the boardwalk - where just under and beyond it, I'm sure I saw Spike Lee dressed in Yankees threads whilst the guy who played Sal in 'Do The Right Thing' was playing an outdoor squash kind of game with three other guys - and the amusement park area, 'Astro Land' (?sic), with its Kursaal-style connotations. And all the Russian voices of 'Little Odessa' at the other end from the Nathan's hot dog joint. Plus you can see the world famous (thanks to The Ramones) Rockaway Beach just north-east from that walk along the boardwalk. And of course, slightly dodgy, back near Stilwell subway is Woody's Mermaid Avenue.

Had 2 hot dogs from Nathans, gorgeous!!.

You can fit a dozen urinals in the same space as 3 multi sexual wheelchair friendly bogs. Maybe more . Now I don’t want to all new age unfriendly but the simple facts are blokes drink pints and as a rule and **** a lot more .. they also **** all over the place Getting rid of urinals in public toilets for equality purposes is bonkers. .
Have a blokes with urinals and a couple of crappers. A proper ladies toilets and a proper disabled toilet . Anyone with a k..b uses the blokes

You can fit a dozen urinals in the same space as 3 multi sexual wheelchair friendly bogs. Maybe more . Now I don’t want to all new age unfriendly but the simple facts are blokes drink pints and as a rule and **** a lot more .. they also **** all over the place Getting rid of urinals in public toilets for equality purposes is bonkers. .
Have a blokes with urinals and a couple of crappers. A proper ladies toilets and a proper disabled toilet . Anyone with a k..b uses the blokes

Do you think a pre-op transexual would be comfortable using the men's? There needs to be a non-gendered alternative.

Last edited:
Be nice but Not enough people to warrant the huge expense to councils and business.

Do you think a pre-op transexual would be comfortable using the men's? There needs to be a non-gendered alternative.

They would still have a choice in the men's. Use the urinal or sit in the cubicle.

They would still have a choice in the men's. Use the urinal or sit in the cubicle.

Not really. If a person who looks like a woman walked into the men's toilets they'd get all sorts of comments, especially if alcohol is involved. That's not a safe space.

Not really. If a person who looks like a woman walked into the men's toilets they'd get all sorts of comments, especially if alcohol is involved. That's not a safe space.

I've no doubt plenty of men who who look and dress like women have used the ladies over the years.......With out any fuss.

Yes a new business or even those that want to attract certain customers could offer the 3rd choice gender neutral. The business I have a share in only has two toilets and there is no room to have a 3rd option. So for now you have to make a choice.

Men going into ladies toilets or unisex toilets....That's not a safe place for women and girls.....When your daughter is old enough to be out on her own, you wont want a man waiting outside the cubicle or loitering around the wash area.

Plenty of examples of phones under swimming pool changing cubicles etc......Its an experience that girls need never be forced to endure.....Their rights far out way the 1% who may feel uncomfortable with the sign on door

This thread was started about schools and I don't think it's a huge ask to change one toilet to gender neutral within them. I totally agree that women deserve a safe space, especially teenage girls away from teenage boys.

Yes, my point wasn't really about gender neutral toilets, as that's a whole different discussion. I know from what I've read, and from my daughter and her friends stories, that you should never let boys/teenagers share toilets in any way with girls. A big percentage of boys can't help it and can't be trusted, it's in their nature to make comments, to peek and to be pervy. Cutting 2 toilets down to 1, and making them share just isn't on. Why put girls through this making them avoid going to the toilet or avoid eating and drinking?

A huge expense? Would changing the sign on one toilet cost that much?
You would need a whole new block in some places ,Assuming a lot of older buildings aren’t exactly awash with toilet space , plus the queues at peak times down the seafront etc ..
for a toilet thats hardly ever used.

Didn’t we have a thread somewhere called The World’s Gone Mad?

Anyway, what a time to be alive. Progressive tolerance FTW

It beats being alive in the 14th century and dying of cholera at 14 eh?

According to LBC this morning. A man convicted of rape can identify as a woman. Then the crime will be recorded as female on female rape. Of course they had a man on the show to defend such nonsense.

It may not be the 14th century but there are a number of wrong'uns out there, nearly all men. Who are determined to destroy womans lives and young girls opportunities, whilst protected by an ism.

Back