• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unisex Toilets.

Ok so no males or females are being forced to share with the opposite sex against their will.

It seems odd to me that there are so many transgender kids in a school. I can only think of one person I went to school with that I think would have been. I think I'm quite progressive generally but I'm really uncomfortable with kids being able to make this decision prior to being an adult. Think I might be overstepping the politics rule so fair enough if this needs to be deleted.

it hasn’t been deleted and good, you’re entitled to your view.

Ok so no males or females are being forced to share with the opposite sex against their will.

It seems odd to me that there are so many transgender kids in a school. I can only think of one person I went to school with that I think would have been. I think I'm quite progressive generally but I'm really uncomfortable with kids being able to make this decision prior to being an adult. Think I might be overstepping the politics rule so fair enough if this needs to be deleted.

I don’t see any political connection to this post?

Anyway, your point is spot on, and something that needs further consideration.

Kids are kids for a reason. Their brains haven’t developed enough to make conscientious desicions - they’re note allowed to vote/drink/marry/have relations/get credit until a certain age, yet I’m forever hearing stories* about how X amount of pre-pubescent kids are convinced they were born on the wrong bodies and want to transition.

*Although I recognise that some of these stories are somewhat exaggerated, for specific reasons

I remember being a teenager despite it being lifetime ago and I think it's fair that girls have their own safe space away from hormonal boys at a time that their bodies are changing.

absolutely, hormones going overtime in kids bodies as well as girls on their periods and never mind academic pressure.
what total prat thought this was a good idea?

I don’t see any political connection to this post?

Anyway, your point is spot on, and something that needs further consideration.

Kids are kids for a reason. Their brains haven’t developed enough to make conscientious desicions - they’re note allowed to vote/drink/marry/have relations/get credit until a certain age, yet I’m forever hearing stories* about how X amount of pre-pubescent kids are convinced they were born on the wrong bodies and want to transition.

*Although I recognise that some of these stories are somewhat exaggerated, for specific reasons

A lot of the time it’s the parents. This is something that has been close to me in recent years. I worked with a bloke who at the age of 23 decided he wanted to be a woman, fair enough he’s old enough and mature enough to make that decision. He went through the transition had the op and recently hung herself. Something that’s quite common in post op transgender. Obviously she must have had issues with mental health. A sad story but he at the time was old enough to make that decision.

Now I have two more stories, my kids started year 2 and one of the girls came back as a boy! Aged about 6 all the kids were called in told this person who they knew as a girl is now a boy. How confusing for a 6 year old must that be! My kids couldn’t get their heads around it and a 6 year old is not mature enough to make that decision.

Finally a family member of the wife’s family had 4 boys, she was desperate for a girl but her husband had the snip after the 4th. Her 2nd youngest lovely normal boy, showed no signs but then all of a sudden she said he was coming out with he wanted to pull his knob off and wanted to be a girl. So now he is a girl and this was at the mature age of 4!! We haven’t seen them since and I don’t think we will, judge me as you will but IMO I think it’s wrong what they’ve done. That child is not developed enough to make a massive life decision like that.

The problem with the toilets was always a nightmare for the people I worked with, as soon as he turned into a she he was in the girls changing room. In her defence though she did use the disabled as she didn’t want to make it awkward until she had been for the op.

It’s a tough one, I personally wouldn’t be happy with it for my kids. And without going political I’m pretty sure you can get my views on it out of my experiences.

Just had an email that all the toilets here are being turned into "gender neutral". I feel for the women as the men's toilets are left in a state - and how awkward it must be to go into the loo and sit in a cubicle next to a man in the next. If there are any transgender people here, then they'd be a tiny percentage of the entire workforce but yet it's the women who will suffer.

I think a lot of firms will take advantage. The can now half the toilets, so less maintenance and cleaning. Use the other toilet space for something else. Letting men and women share toilets is just so wrong. The World is going bonkers.

Just had an email that all the toilets here are being turned into "gender neutral". I feel for the women as the men's toilets are left in a state - and how awkward it must be to go into the loo and sit in a cubicle next to a man in the next. If there are any transgender people here, then they'd be a tiny percentage of the entire workforce but yet it's the women who will suffer.

And this is what all that “woke” stuff leads to.

I believe that every person on this planet, should have the right to express themselves, and live their lives however they see fit.

But there comes a point, where common sense has to take hold. This is one of those occasions, where someone in charge at your place, should have simply ruled this idea out, on the grounds of public decency.

Common sense dictates that women use the women’s loos, and men use the men’s. It really is that simple, and if someome has a problem with that, then I would suggest it is their problem, not the rest of society’s

Last edited:
And this is what all that “woke” stuff leads to.

I believe that every person on this planet, should have the right to express themselves, and live their lives however they see fit.

But there comes a point, where common sense has to take hold. This is one of those occasions, where someone in charge at your place, should have simply ruled this idea out, on the grounds of public decency.

Common sense dictates that women use the women’s loos, and men use the men’s. It really is that simple, and if someome has a problem with that, then I would suggest it is their problem, not the rest of societies.

There's at least 16 sets of men's & women's loos here (4 buildings, 4 floors). Ok, make 1 per building a transgender by all means (which is still OTT in my eyes) but leave the majority as split sex. Insanity.

There's at least 16 sets of men's & women's loos here (4 buildings, 4 floors). Ok, make 1 per building a transgender by all means (which is still OTT in my eyes) but leave the majority as split sex. Insanity.

As @THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK said, I’ve got no doubt that firms will use this to their advantage - maybe not straight away, but certainly in future.

It’s a dangerous thing to remove segregations like this. It opens the door to a whole host of potential problems.

Lol. be careful what you ask for, you may get it good n proper straight in the face ..

equaility equality equality er welcome to the blokes ****ter. Enjoy.

So guessing this would also include disabled toilets?

Lol. be careful what you ask for, you may get it good n proper straight in the face ..

equaility equality equality er welcome to the blokes ****ter. Enjoy.

Even more devastating when they discover that the toilet in Trainspotting, is quite an accurate representation of many male khazis.

@MK Shrimper, I’ve compiled a broad & comprehensive list of guidelines that your female staff members, may find helpful, in preparation for the upcoming merger;

1 - Appropriate attire should be worn at all times; Ditch the Chanel pantsuits & Christian Louboutin heels, and slip into some frogmans gear upon entering.

2 - Yes, the floor does get wet. We don’t know why, but someone is meant to be coming out to look at it this afternoon.

3 - The toilet seat occasionally intercepts the crossfield pass. It’s unfortunate, but inevitable. We could lift it up, but it is not going to be touched by bare hands, ever.

4 - Toilet roll is a privilege. And a rarity. This largely accounts for Rule 3.

5 - Be aware that there is a chance that all bodily fluids may be excreted here. Yes, all of them.

6 - No, you can’t do anything about that smell.

7 - Full blown conversations are strictly prohibited. If the need to speak arises, please keep it to short, sharp sentences; I.e. “Hello mate”, “I ****ing hate this place” & “****ing stinks in here”, are all perfectly acceptable.

8 - Yes, the hot tap will always scald you, and yes, the cold tap will always give you chillblains. Similarly, the hand dryer will always be nuclear hot in the summer, and as cold as The Schofield’s marital bed, in the winter. It maybe the reason why some people don’t wash their hands altogether. It’s not right, but it happens.

9 - We don’t know what the stains on the mirror are. We just grimace at the thought of what it could be, & go about our business.

10 - Don’t touch the door handle when leaving. If in doubt, refer to Rules 5 & 8

Welcome to equality ladies. Us men are pigs. Enjoy.

@MK Shrimper, I’ve compiled a broad & comprehensive list of guidelines that your female staff members, may find helpful, in preparation for the upcoming merger;

1 - Appropriate attire should be worn at all times; Ditch the Chanel pantsuits & Christian Louboutin heels, and slip into some frogmans gear upon entering.

2 - Yes, the floor does get wet. We don’t know why, but someone is meant to be coming out to look at it this afternoon.

3 - The toilet seat occasionally intercepts the crossfield pass. It’s unfortunate, but inevitable. We could lift it up, but it is not going to be touched by bare hands, ever.

4 - Toilet roll is a privilege. And a rarity. This largely accounts for Rule 3.

5 - Be aware that there is a chance that all bodily fluids may be excreted here. Yes, all of them.

6 - No, you can’t do anything about that smell.

7 - Full blown conversations are strictly prohibited. If the need to speak arises, please keep it to short, sharp sentences; I.e. “Hello mate”, “I ****ing hate this place” & “****ing stinks in here”, are all perfectly acceptable.

8 - Yes, the hot tap will always scald you, and yes, the cold tap will always give you chillblains. Similarly, the hand dryer will always be nuclear hot in the summer, and as cold as The Schofield’s marital bed, in the winter. It maybe the reason why some people don’t wash their hands altogether. It’s not right, but it happens.

9 - We don’t know what the stains on the mirror are. We just grimace at the thought of what it could be, & go about our business.

10 - Don’t touch the door handle when leaving. If in doubt, refer to Rules 5 & 8

Welcome to equality ladies. Us men are pigs. Enjoy.

Don't forget, locks on cubicle doors are also a privilege. It is assumed that blokes only use the cubicle to rack up a massive line of chang, so having a dump means a bit of improvisational contortionism (hovering above the pan, with your undercrackers round your ankles, simultaneously outstretching one of you limbs to press against the door).

Back