• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

United for Southend - A message to ALL

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Ok, so we are ****ing deep, deep in the brown stuff at the moment. Morale amongst players and fans alike is probably akin to the Little/Chipmunk era's at the moment. But we still have our club to support...

Our support is clearly dividing at an alarming rate with regard to our Chairman. That is one thing we must not have at this moment in time. Yes, we are all ****ed off with lack of investment, the terrible debts, lack of playing staff, still no new ground etc, but we cannot let this divide the support on the terraces.

We are all SUFC, we bleed blue blood and it hurts us all immensely to see our team fall from grace at a rapid rate. But we all share one common denominator, we are all "supporters." It's this one word that could mean the difference between League One or League Two football next season.

Between the hours of 3 and 5pm for the rest of this awful season, back those lads 100%. It is not easy for them either, as we know. They need our support more than at any point, since the turn of the noughties. This is our ****ing football club and I am bolloxed if I am going to watch our boys slide back to the slagheap that is League Two. So get yourself up for these next three cup finals and lets have it large on the terraces. No excuses.

So, whatever Ron camp you are in at the moment, please do not bring it to game time. You have plenty of time before and after to make your voices heard. Head for the East Stand car park after the game and get a little protest going if you feel the need. Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this mess we are in.

We are Southend, United. Remember that and we will go some way to helping maintain survival. If we can't even pull together on the terraces, then we might as well all throw in the ****ing towel now.

Liven up, wear that badge on your heart and let's do our bit. It maybe the only thing left to save the season...

Ok, so we are ****ing deep, deep in the brown stuff at the moment. Morale amongst players and fans alike is probably akin to the Little/Chipmunk era's at the moment. But we still have our club to support...

Our support is clearly dividing at an alarming rate with regard to our Chairman. That is one thing we must not have at this moment in time. Yes, we are all ****ed off with lack of investment, the terrible debts, lack of playing staff, still no new ground etc, but we cannot let this divide the support on the terraces.

We are all SUFC, we bleed blue blood and it hurts us all immensely to see our team fall from grace at a rapid rate. But we all share one common denominator, we are all "supporters." It's this one word that could mean the difference between League One or League Two football next season.

Between the hours of 3 and 5pm for the rest of this awful season, back those lads 100%. It is not easy for them either, as we know. They need our support more than at any point, since the turn of the noughties. This is our ****ing football club and I am bolloxed if I am going to watch our boys slide back to the slagheap that is League Two. So get yourself up for these next three cup finals and lets have it large on the terraces. No excuses.

So, whatever Ron camp you are in at the moment, please do not bring it to game time. You have plenty of time before and after to make your voices heard. Head for the East Stand car park after the game and get a little protest going if you feel the need. Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this mess we are in.

We are Southend, United. Remember that and we will go some way to helping maintain survival. If we can't even pull together on the terraces, then we might as well all throw in the ****ing towel now.

Liven up, wear that badge on your heart and let's do our bit. It maybe the only thing left to save the season...

I think that means extra Special effort Saturday

I think that means extra Special effort Saturday

Not just this Saturday, for the rest of this season.

We are all in it together. This is one big family and when times are tough you have to rally round.

IF we do slip into League Two, at least we can say "we done our bit"

We can't just sit back, stay silent and accept defeat. As I said, you want to protest, fine, but not during the game. That will not help matters one little bit. Save it for the car park after...

YES MATE, Southend United till we die. I know it's hard for all the players, especially all us fans as we love this club to death, but it's time to support our team as if we are winning the leauge, because that's what true supporters are and i know we have many true supporters here. Comon lads and ladessess. SING UP

Smiffy, well said, couldn't have put it better myself!

We all know it's dark times as supporters at the moment, but that shouldn't reflect in our support for the team, not at all. This is the time where us, as supporters, should be completely 100% behind the team during the matches, rather than protest during vitally important games, and risk disrupting the team's morale further.

I, for one, will be sitting in Block V, and cheering, and singing as much as possible for my team, and I hope/know that others around me, will be doing the same

I would love to be there, doing the same, but i'm skint :(

bad times

totally agree with getting behind the boys,already arranged with my mate in my post work beverage intake that we will 'road trip' southampton coz the longer this season lasts i really think that game is gonna be the 'last chance saloon!!'

barney to send us down maybe.................i pray to god not

SING UP SOUTHEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets try and replicate the noise we made up at Donny in the playoff semi. Then hopefully after the game someone will get hold of our lovable owner and SHAVE HIS HAIR ALL OFF. Ps. Thanks Brushy for all the efforts you have given us these past years.

A special request from me!

Please don't chant or join in with the "pay the players and we'll stay up" ditty we heard up at Hartlepool.

Think about this very carefully; what this was saying to me was "you players aren't trying hard enough because you haven't been paid". Now I didn't see any lack of effort on Saturday, nor at Norwich or against Charlton for that matter. Lack of confidence, definitely; lack of quality, probably; lack of passion, no!!!.

I appreciate that the fact that the players haven't been paid/paid on time, is having an effect on their performance; but we don't need to ram it down their throats.

At least we are (I hope) guaranteed an excellent atmosphere on Saturday . The last two games the fans have been 'angry' Gillingham (court appearance) and Charlton (Ginger xxxx) have been great atmospheres and we would have won both with 11 on the pitch

I do hope there is some loud vocal support for Brushy during the game.

Nick I will lend you if I can mate

Much appreciated, but at the moment my main priority is Viva Las Vegas in October, therefore lending is definitly out of the question for me. HOPEFULLY, i'll be able to sort something out...

Back