• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The cold reality of relegation settled in yet after the 'love in' at St Mary's on Sunday?

Need a 'boost' as a finale to a long hard footie season, one to enjoy with no pressure in the game's new ultimate centre piece? And to ease you in to the footie desert of summer?

Well, what about helping to cheer on Morecambe at the Conference Play Off Final at 2.00 pm on Sunday 20 May?

Why Morecambe, a place some 250 miles north of Southend with no apparent inter-club history with us?

Well, their knickname is 'The Shrimps' so not a million miles away from our own handle, and us Shrimps(ers) should stand united in our football quest.

Ok, a bit of a tenuous link maybe, but good enough for me.

So, why go? Well, here are my excuses (as given to Mrs Suffolk Shrimper):

- Wembley is brand spanking new, and unless you went to the England U21 game it will be a first chance to go. By all accounts it is impressive.

- It is the game's new HQ. You have to go. And soon. Football is not predictable - we cannot be sure that Southend will make the 2008 FA Cup Final.

- Unlike the U21 match this is a competitive fixture. In fact, very competitive, a place in the football league is at stake. A chance to get behind a team with something big to play for, but to walk away not feeling totally gutted if they don't make it.

- Tickets should be relatively easy to get, though I suggest act fast. After all, the game is less than two weeks away.

- The attendance should still be big - if Truro can take a reported 200 plus coaches to the Vase Final coming up then I'm sure the two clubs for the conference play off can manage more. So, a good atmosphere.

- The prices aren't bad. £20 adults, a tenner for ankle-biters. On that basis I can afford to give my three kiddies a unique day out.

- Unlike the Milli Stad, for most of us Wembley is not that far. So cheap travel costs. Take your own picnic to avoid the extortionate Wembley grub prices (eat before you get in the ground to avoid the fat stewards confiscating and becoming fatter).

- The 'Suffolk Shrimpers' flag can make an appearance at Wembley earlier than I had imagined might be the case.

For more details re tickets visit either club's website:

http://www.morecambefc.com/

http://www.exetercityfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home

See you there?

Come on you Shrimp(ers)!

Or cheer Exeter, who we have played more times than anyone else, back into the League.

Especially as their last Football League game was against us.

Nice idea, but truly believe we will see blues there soon so will decline this oppurtunity and wait for the paint pot cup final next season or the play offs.

I'm tempted to go actually...but to support Exeter (as that's where the GF is from, have a bit of a soft spot for 'em, also I remember some good banter with them in various pubs around Liverpool Street after the second Spurs away game).

I went to the U21 game, and I just have to say that the entrance fee alone was worth it to be at Wembley for the game. You just get an unnatural buzz walking in, and then sitting in your seat. Because it's Wembley. It's an incredible stadium. Plus, with any sense of competitive edge, it will only be better - which was the only thing lacking from the U21 game. Although Pazzini certainly gave everyone a buzz.

Yeah. I won't be going to any playoffs, but just adding my two cents. If you're free and can easily afford to go, do it.

Nah, think I'll wait until England vs Brazil. Although after the season we've just had I'm not sure how much I'll be able to enjoy another home defeat...

Hmmm.

I might wait and try and get tickets for the Israel and/or Russia game(s).

I went to the U21 game, and I just have to say that the entrance fee alone was worth it to be at Wembley for the game. You just get an unnatural buzz walking in, and then sitting in your seat. Because it's Wembley. It's an incredible stadium. Plus, with any sense of competitive edge, it will only be better - which was the only thing lacking from the U21 game. Although Pazzini certainly gave everyone a buzz.

Yeah. I won't be going to any playoffs, but just adding my two cents. If you're free and can easily afford to go, do it.

Just remember to eat somewhere else, and if you're up in the Gods, to take some oxygen

What's this sudden rush to go to the new Wembley? They're not closing it down you know...

Actually i'm going......and supporting Exeter as my mate is a big fan.

the best laugh i had at a game last year was the Grays Exter Semi for the FA Trophy......non league grounds are great:p

Just remember to eat somewhere else, and if you're up in the Gods, to take some oxygen

yes do eat before getting to Wembley...they should look to get financial advisors in the concourses to work out whether you can afford the rotten prices :hilarious:

and if you sit high up take warm clothing, it was a warm day and we were freezing sitting up there!

yes do eat before getting to Wembley...they should look to get financial advisors in the concourses to work out whether you can afford the rotten prices :hilarious:

I went to the community day a couple months ago and was very impressed with the ground as a whole. I went to the Nou camp a week later and it seemed tiny compared to Wembley!

Food prices - it is definalty advisable to eat before you get there as you are looking at about £8 for a meal (drink, burger/hot dog and chips). While that price is expensive, you would prob part with it if it was only yourself to worry about but you might not want to be paying those kind of prices if you are having to feed your family too. However, despite the prices it did look like top quality food and you seemed to get a lot for your money.

I went to the U21 game, and I just have to say that the entrance fee alone was worth it to be at Wembley for the game.

It certainly was, bearing in mind the cost of a ticket (£10) was about half of what Colchester charge for standing in their apology for a football ground. It was an excellenent occasion and one I'd happily have paid more for.

I went to the community day a couple months ago and was very impressed with the ground as a whole. I went to the Nou camp a week later and it seemed tiny compared to Wembley!

Really? The Camp Nou has the highest capacity of any sports stadium in Europe.

Yeah I know it has, but walking out at the Nou camp was nothing like walking out at wembley, I was shocked to feel that way and actually felt rather disappointed. Its the way the Nou camp is built, much steeper stands. If anyone else has been to both - do you agree with me?

Originally Posted by southend_lady

I know what she means though. From pitch level the Nou Camp looks tiny both outside and in, it's only when you're up in the gods you realise how huge it is!

I know what she means though. From pitch level the Nou Camp looks tiny both outside and in, it's only when you're up in the gods you realise how huge it is!

Thing is though, we did the tour round the ground which took you to about four different levels, and even when we were at the highest point I didnt think it had anything on Wembley.

Back