• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Onion_Bag_Dave

YEELLLOOOWWWSSS
It's like we have never lost a game before.

As a complete die hard SUFC fan, I hate coming on Shrimperzone, because it is full of absolute hyperbolic nonsense, but I also love it because I get to interact with Southend United fans, sometimes it helps to get things off my chest, which I am doing now. ALSO it is the same with going to Roots Hall. I love watching us, I love winning, I love watching those 11 guys playing in that blue shirt, I love seeing that badge on a shirt in a photo on the internet or wherever it may be, because it is a symbol for what I love. That badge stands for a huge emotion that I can't explain. But, I hate sitting in the stands with people who's motive is to pick and drag people down. That isn't what the badge stands for, it's not what our name stands for.

United.
Do you know what that word means? Because I do, I know exactly what it means. It makes me feel sick, seeing constant abuse hurled at those people that are mine and your heroes in the middle of that pitch, who are doing brilliantly well. They may not be the best we've had, but it's what we have now.

We are Southend United. I thought that being a Southend fan meant to be a a tight knit army. Sure I might think Cricko speaks absolute tosh, I might think Smiffy is an absolute miserable *******. But when that whistle blows on whatever day it might be. The fans should be 100% behind every single player and supporting the club TOGETHER. Our hearts are all in the right place aren't they? So why can't we show it.

I'm sick of the picking.

If you don't like the style of play then fine, if you don't like a player then fine, don't like the manager then fine. But during the 90 minutes, you have to like them. Because it's what we have got. It's what we have to use, and it's what we have to believe in, it's who and what we have to encourage.

You can't turn up to a football match and want us to lose? So why try and demoralise a player/players/manager etc? Because that will bring losses.

I think some of you have forgotten what Southend United means. It's not a ****ing toy or a stress ball. A lot of people accuse Ron of using it as a toy. It's not a stress ball that you can chew and hack bits out of. It's a football club, it's about passion, belief and desire. It's different to supporting a big club because there are thousands and thousands of fans, but with us there aren't many, it's just us.

Don't you support another real club? I'm sure you've heard that piece of absolute offensive pile of ****. How does that make you feel? Makes you want to get down to Roots Hall and stand with your mates like a small army, or travel away to Accrington and stand on a **** terrace waiting for Dicko to bury a penalty.

One massive thing that absolutely confuses me is the fact that you think the players need to be told they have had a bad game, or you actually think that the players miss place a pass on purpose. They know that. They know when they are bad. If you want to boo when we are **** then you can, but, we are third. So is it really the right thing to do when are so high up the table? We have been here the whole season, it's where we will remain because our squad is good for this level. Sometimes players need a bollocking, because they might suddenly forget that they were poor, they might not think they are one of the poor players, you need that, you need that line that you can't cross.

I saw loads of abuse on twitter last night, abusing Grant and Blair Sturrock for retweeting words of encouragement, why should they be condemmened for that? Why? What's wrong with supporting those players? What's wrong with those players in question showing that they have support? Maybe they have forgotten that they have support?
What a great feeling it must be to be told that somebody wants you back in the side. The players care, the players have emotions. If you've got a whole club pulling in the right direction, then it's Southend United against 11.

In case you have forgotten we haven't ever won the majority of our games, and whilst we have the potential to be a Championship club, the cold hard fact is we aren't. Some people have been deluded with the way football is going, with the filthy money and the new sparkly stadiums. The potential should not blind people of what we actually are. We are a smallish club with a good level of potential. Our history stems much further back to the glory years that some of you seem to think was the start of our history, it aint. Bring it on and let's have some more glory years but remember the ****.

Get out the past, get into the present and the future, because this is the ****ing journey that we are on, and I'm sick of feeling anger, I just want a club to support where all the fans back the manager and the players, where the first bad pass isn't moaned at and where the players get the backing throughout the game.

Southend United.

but the trouble is that you're missing the point........If Tara was still here we would have beaten Aldershot :winking:

I'm a serial moaner on here, but it doesn't make me love them any less. In fact, I would argue that my moaning is evidence that I do in fact care very much and that I want better.

I can liken your post to that from one of a Lemming who is happy to follow the current regime off a cliff if needs be. Or one of the mice that the pied piper led out of Hamelin into the Weser River.

There are a lot of things wrong mainly on the pitch at the cluib, and I think we all pay to watch the games and are entitled to opinions, regardless of whether other fans agree or disagree. I for one will not praise any one of the players who turned out on Tuesday night, or a few weeks ago at home to Rotherham.

The way things are going, we are looking increasingly likely to lose our grip on promotion (possibly even play offs!) and when you think of where we were in December, it's just not good enough....

By the way, you missed my point entirely on twitter.

Fans who are needy and want retweeting by fringe players is sad enough, but to write a tweet such it garners support from said player, who then retweets it is even sadder.

Two fringe players did this last night.

Fans who are needy and want retweeting by fringe players is sad enough, but to write a tweet such it garners support from said player, who then retweets it is even sadder.

I saw this and share your opinion Naps... poor show by said players

I accept the point that you were making, I just was looking from another angle, and I actually think (and I'm not blaming you) this is the mentality that probably other people have and is one of the problems that this club is experiencing. Maybe fans don't encourage enough.

That's the point I was making. This twitter point, is just a smaller example of the bigger problems that we have. I.E not enough support and encouragement towards the WHOLE squad.

Sounds like **** stirring to me. As if the club needs external nonsense like this to further impact squad harmony!

I'm a serial moaner on here, but it doesn't make me love them any less. In fact, I would argue that my moaning is evidence that I do in fact care very much and that I want better.

I can liken your post to that from one of a Lemming who is happy to follow the current regime off a cliff if needs be. Or one of the mice that the pied piper led out of Hamelin into the Weser River.

There are a lot of things wrong mainly on the pitch at the cluib, and I think we all pay to watch the games and are entitled to opinions, regardless of whether other fans agree or disagree. I for one will not praise any one of the players who turned out on Tuesday night, or a few weeks ago at home to Rotherham.

The way things are going, we are looking increasingly likely to lose our grip on promotion (possibly even play offs!) and when you think of where we were in December, it's just not good enough....

You don't praise them, but do you boo / hurl abuse / moan loudly etc..?

Are you one of those who yells at Gilbert when his first 'pass' of the game (hoof) ends up in row Z?

I accept the point that you were making, I just was looking from another angle, and I actually think (and I'm not blaming you) this is the mentality that probably other people have and is one of the problems that this club is experiencing. Maybe fans don't encourage enough.

That's the point I was making. This twitter point, is just a smaller example of the bigger problems that we have. I.E not enough support and encouragement towards the WHOLE squad.

It's the same with every single sports club in the world. Fans always moan.

How in anyway is what I'm saying similiar to somebody who would happily watch the club fall off the edge of the cliff, I think it's quite clear I'm not one of those because we are in a promotion place.

Ofcourse you can moan, I've moaned loads this season at different things. But to abuse? (not saying you are abusing, maybe you are, maybe you aren't, I don't know)

The point you raise regarding, YOU PAY YOUR MONEY, yeah exactly so why turn up and 100% back the team for 90 mins? (Again I'm not referring just to you).

It's the same with every single sports club in the world. Fans always moan.

I don't think that many clubs were where we are in the league that the fans would moan. Maybe I'm wrong.

How in anyway is what I'm saying similiar to somebody who would happily watch the club fall off the edge of the cliff, I think it's quite clear I'm not one of those because we are in a promotion place.

Ofcourse you can moan, I've moaned loads this season at different things. But to abuse? (not saying you are abusing, maybe you are, maybe you aren't, I don't know)

The point you raise regarding, YOU PAY YOUR MONEY, yeah exactly so why turn up and 100% back the team for 90 mins? (Again I'm not referring just to you).

I don't think that many clubs were where we are in the league that the fans would moan. Maybe I'm wrong.

You'd think that wouldn't you. I spoke with the Crawley fan in my office this morning. I didn't even get a chance to gloat. He came over to me, face like thunder, said they aren't a threat and they ain't going up. The fans are fed up with the long ball tactics, there is an air of gloom around the place, they don't have a striker, no leaders on the pitch, their goalkeeper is a liability (their no.1 is out injured), the players are making basic mistakes and their form has been so up and down lately it's driving the fans. You would've thought they'd lost 2-0 to Aldershot last night the way he was talking. In fact more than once I had to double check it was him talking and not me.

The goalkeeper and defence try and play the ball out, but Evans and is it Raynor the assistant?; are screaming at them to hit it long to Hawley & Clarke. (Blows my 'they can go up cos they are playing better football post out the window!').

I don't know any Cheltenham fans, but given their recent form, I would imagine that their fans are possibly suffering the same air of negativity we, and seemingly Crawley are. It seems all the teams at the top are feeling the heat, given Swindon almost being nailed on, Shrewsbury and Torquay joining the pack, we've all done the maths and realised it's gonna be a battle make those last two spots.

Nice to know we aren't the only one's I suppose.

In addition to Wes' post. I suggest you go and check Cheltenham's forum. They are having the same discussions/rants about entertainment/results as we are.

You'd think that wouldn't you. I spoke with the Crawley fan in my office this morning. I didn't even get a chance to gloat. He came over to me, face like thunder, said they aren't a threat and they ain't going up. The fans are fed up with the long ball tactics, there is an air of gloom around the place, they don't have a striker, no leaders on the pitch, their goalkeeper is a liability (their no.1 is out injured), the players are making basic mistakes and their form has been so up and down lately it's driving the fans. You would've thought they'd lost 2-0 to Aldershot last night the way he was talking. In fact more than once I had to double check it was him talking and not me.

The goalkeeper and defence try and play the ball out, but Evans and is it Raynor the assistant?; are screaming at them to hit it long to Hawley & Clarke. (Blows my 'they can go up cos they are playing better football post out the window!').

I don't know any Cheltenham fans, but given their recent form, I would imagine that their fans are possibly suffering the same air of negativity we, and seemingly Crawley are. It seems all the teams at the top are feeling the heat, given Swindon almost being nailed on, Shrewsbury and Torquay joining the pack, we've all done the maths and realised it's gonna be a battle make those last two spots.

Nice to know we aren't the only one's I suppose.

Incredible. Deluded or what, Crawley Town are moaning about being in a play off spot when infact they are basically a Ryman League club...

In addition to Wes' post. I suggest you go and check Cheltenham's forum. They are having the same discussions/rants about entertainment/results as we are.

Yep. It's pathetic. The modern football fan, as previously mentioned, has been deluded by the dirty amount of money that is now being put into the game!

Hi Dave,

best thread i have read in ages and i feel exactly the same way Mate!

UTB!!

Back