• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Well my pedigree chums.

I have had a very nostalgic day indeed. I have been thinking about the club the memories its given me both good and bad and the sheer timescale effort and sacrifice that comes with it.

It all started for me with southend needing a win at home to luton town with someone called stan collymore playing his last game. I had never been to a football match before and to be honest wasnt much of a footballer myself and didnt have a clue what to expect.

I remember gathering in the north bank and the atmosphere was electric. A great game with plenty of noise. I slowly learnt the songs sung by the fans and remember feeling slightly embaressed singing them as i wasnt sure of the words entirely or that i had the right to join in. We stayed up that season and a pitch invasion followed. I remember feeling so excited that i have been going ever since, some 16 years now.

Ofcourse not all games have been as eventful some even painful.

I look back at getting relegated at york city. Losing to carlisle away 5-0 i also look at us the shrimpers a ralative unknown oustide of southend itself humbling manchester united and blunting chelsea at the bridge.

I look back at dark dark days when 2800 odd witnessed a win over preston north end at the hall.

Trips to the millenium beating col ewe and ofcourse losing to col ewe

There are so so many memories in all of us all different some new some very old. Our numbers have grown and dwindled in the dark days and have started to flourish again.

All of us know that all of this could be taken at anytime. Then there wont be any new memories just the knowledge that there was once a football team named southend that in football terms spent its entirity in mediocrity.

To us ofcourse that mediocrity gives the tears the joy the laughter that comes with supporting your local team.

So i say this to you. If our days are numbered then lets make them days to be proud of. Lets do our best to attract extra bodies friday. Wether it be your mum your dad auntie uncle your sisters boyfriend the man you talk to at the bus stop or your next door neighbour.

Lets pack roots hall and not put the old girl to shame with anti board anti football league chants. Lets raise the roof cheer our decimated squad and raise the teams and our spirits by getting a much needed 3 points.

The can dock us points sell our players relegate us but they cant buy or sell me or any of us.

And i'll be boll0xed if sum jumped up little **** at the tax office is gonna deprive me of my mediocre football fill any time soon

Last edited:
Agreed. My first ever game was a home match against Carlisle in the FA Cup 1st round around 9/10 years ago and even though I had to stand and it wasn't the best game by any means, I fell in love with football and loved it.

In fact, the first 5 games I saw Southend play, we didn't win and yet I still enjoyed the thrill that came from watching and supporting a local team.

I endured a 6 hour train journey to Cardiff to see us lose 2-0 to Blackpool and still that didn't put me off. I have been to Orient twice (this season and last season) and my love for Southend has just kept on increasing.

I went to Leicester away last season to see us get murdered 3-0 at the hands of an in-form Fryatt, but still my pride and passion for supporting this great club did not decrease.

We are Southend through and through.
We are Southend born and breed.
WE ARE SOUTHEND 'TIL WE DIE!

Back