• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Universally liked and respected groups

Odessey & Oracle is undoubtedly a work of pure pop genius, but nothing else they did even comes close.
Totaly agree The Zombies Odessey and Oracle is a master peace who critics compare to The Beatles Sargents Pepper and Beach Boys Pet Sounds Imight be a bit biase being a massive Colin Blunstone fan , but when Iwent to see The Zombies Odessey and Oracle reunion tour a few years ago it was like a whos who of rock with the likes of Paul Macartney Robert Plant Paul Weller there .Ispoke to Paul Weller and he said that The Zombies and there music were the biggest influence on him and raved about Colin Blunstone being one of the greatest singers this country has ever produced and that there new album at the time As Far As I Can See was top class .I know that they did not record for a while , but what they are now producing albums that most of the critics love .

What about Queen, surely no one could not like all of their stuff? Such a wide range of songs.

Guns n Roses?

I hate Bohemian Rhapsody like poison.

Twenty years ago, I thought G'N'R were untouchable. A recent listen to some of their stuff had me laughing a lot of the time. Many great moments, but many ridiculous ones too.

Sorry can't stand R.E.M.(like Led Zepplen, U2 and ZZ Top)they're hugely over-rated,IMO).

If you haven't, it's worth checking out their earlier stuff. Far removed from stuff like 'Shiny Happy People' or the tosh they wheeled out on their last couple of albums

Anyone dislike The Beach Boys out there?:Worthy:

Good shout. Surely no-one can dislike Pet Sounds.

If you haven't, it's worth checking out their earlier stuff. Far removed from stuff like 'Shiny Happy People' or the tosh they wheeled out on their last couple of albums

Good shout. Surely no-one can dislike Pet Sounds.

Um.....:blush:

I hate Bohemian Rhapsody like poison.

Twenty years ago, I thought G'N'R were untouchable. A recent listen to some of their stuff had me laughing a lot of the time. Many great moments, but many ridiculous ones too.

What about the rest?

Loads of middle of the road (no, not them!) and glam rock types I would have thought, The Osmonds (check out Phase III or The Plan if you think they were just saccharin pop), The Seekers, Sweet, Slade, Mud....personal favourites of mine, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, 80s - Duran Duran, Adam and the Ants...The Jackson 5 and Abba are a given though, surely?

Universally liked and respected. I give you....Free. A band I keep returning to, much like AC/DC.

Seriously. Anything post Thriller was ****ing terrible.
Got to agree with Ricey, it was just different to what he'd done before - more of a production with epic videos - I absolutely love Black of White, for instance, which is later.

Back