• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Universally liked and respected groups

Loads of middle of the road (no, not them!) and glam rock types I would have thought, The Osmonds (check out Phase III or The Plan if you think they were just saccharin pop), The Seekers, Sweet, Slade, Mud....personal favourites of mine, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, 80s - Duran Duran, Adam and the Ants...The Jackson 5 and Abba are a given though, surely?

We went to see Jersey Boys and were surprised just how many fantastic songs they actually produced. Anyone who automatically says they don't like them should listen to a few songs and then make up their minds. You may be surprised...

Got to agree with Ricey, it was just different to what he'd done before - more of a production with epic videos - I absolutely love Black of White, for instance, which is later.

Black and white is an amazing song. I will say after the Bad album that was probably his best song.

Loads of middle of the road (no, not them!) and glam rock types I would have thought, The Osmonds (check out Phase III or The Plan if you think they were just saccharin pop), The Seekers, Sweet, Slade, Mud....personal favourites of mine, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, 80s - Duran Duran, Adam and the Ants...The Jackson 5 and Abba are a given though, surely?

Wow.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Bob Marley and the Wailers

Have the Kinks become "National Treasures" yet?

New Order?

I expect there are only a few out there who dislike the Stone Roses, Pulp, Massive Attack

Not strictly bands, but surely no-one dislikes Stevie Wonder or Prince.

We went to see Jersey Boys and were surprised just how many fantastic songs they actually produced. Anyone who automatically says they don't like them should listen to a few songs and then make up their minds. You may be surprised...
Absolutely, Beggin' was a huge hit only recently for instance.

Wow.

New Order?

I expect there are only a few out there who dislike the Stone Roses, Pulp, Massive Attack
Massive Stevie Wonder fan, but can't warm to Prince, and I detested New Order and wouldn't have thought the Hendrix experience was a universally appreciated group. Happy to give you the Kinks though. Again, more middle of the road possibles - the Searchers, Bucks Fizz, Manfred Mann, OMD...

I enjoyed the show too but it made me wonder why no-one has (yet) done a Beach Boys musical.

Wow.

New Order?

No problem with your first three choices or Pulp.

Can't stand Stone Roses or Prince,let alone Massive Atack.

Bought Stevie Wonder's first album as a teenager (me and him both).While I rate Fingertips I'm not a fan of anything post that.

I ****ing HATE Queen. Biggest overrated pile of ***** ever.

The first album was ok . 7 seas was a good single but from Killer queen onwards i thought they were awful.
I was shunned at primary school for not liking the Beatles, mocked for disliking Floyds DSOTM when it came out and not rating Bohemian rapsody when it was released was almost heresy...

A lot of Artists are liked by people now , who at the time they were at their peak actually didnt care for them. There are many late 40s + fans of the clash, jam , specials, madness etc who were not buying their stuff in the late 70s

No problem with your first three choices or Pulp.

Can't stand Stone Roses or Prince,let alone Massive Atack.

Bought Stevie Wonder's first album as a teenager (me and him both).While I rate Fingertips I'm not a fan of anything post that.

#Barnablue wrong thingy tag. :angry:

Bob Marley is a good call whoever suggested that..

Yes, we could be on to something there. I was looking through my music collection earlier and Bob Marley was about the only one who really jumped out as a possible (now that my Clash idea has been resolutely pooh-poohed).

I'm with YB on Prince and Stevie Wonder but clearly that's not a unanimous feeling...

There are no universally 'liked and respected' groups or artists out there. None.

I can't stand Bob Marley or any type of reggae. I respect what he did but I don't like his music. 'Liked or respected' maybe but not both.

Bananarama? Come on, even if you didn't like their music, they did have a certain appeal didn't they? :winking:

Joy division. Lots if people only know 'love will tear us apart' and surely everyone Luke's that (apart from my wife but she made me take her to see George Michael twice so her opinion is irrelevant).

Back