• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Universally liked and respected groups

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
I've never got people who say "I don't like The Beatles". The range of their work is such that there is surely something for everyone. Anyhow, there are people out there who don't like them.

Are there any bands out there that no-one dislikes? And that have critical acclaim too? The Clash seem like such a band to me - I've certainly never met anyone who professes not to like them and their work is loved by critics - but I'm sure the people of SZ will provide a dissenting voice.

Blondie. The Stones. Abba.

All cracking bands, and anyone who says differently is wrong.

I despise The Clash, as do most of the people I work with. In fact, one of our newer recruits recently put them on in the office and it was the only time I can ever recall something being slated so much that the person who put it on had to go and turn it off.

When I worked in a record shop 20 years ago the only 2 groups universally loved were The Beatles and R.E.M.

Blondie. The Stones. Abba.

All cracking bands, and anyone who says differently is wrong.

First two I love, last one not so much. But I have a huge admiration for them - they could certainly turn out a great pop song or 20.

I despise The Clash, as do most of the people I work with. In fact, one of our newer recruits recently put them on in the office and it was the only time I can ever recall something being slated so much that the person who put it on had to go and turn it off.

Well that's The Clash off the list then!

Jackson five. The Hollies and Madness pretty much turned out something for everyone imo,lets rock.

I like Madness a lot (One Better Day being my favourite song of theirs, far superior to the better known songs which made their name like Baggy Trousers) but I know a few people who can't stand them.

Last edited:
The Zombies one of the most underated bands of the 60s .Now selling more albums than ever

Pistols. Didn't like the Beatles much. Scousers.

What about Queen, surely no one could not like all of their stuff? Such a wide range of songs.

Guns n Roses?

I have the same problem with the Pistols as I have with The Clash - punk band on a major label = sellouts.
Also, take away the punk attitude and both bands were pretty conservative musically speaking. The UK punk scene produced far better bands.

Back