• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Michael Owen, going by the amount of things that have been written about him today, not a bad word to his name.

Michael Owen, going by the amount of things that have been written about him today, not a bad word to his name.

True, kept himself out of the public view like Scholes. Can't remember a single thing that he has done off the pitch, unlike Terry etc.

Lots of tributes today, but I'd say more liked/admired than loved. I was a fan, but must admit he didn't spring to mind when this thread started.

Jimmy Bullard - shame his career's gone downhill in recent years. Vincent Kompany also seems like a decent bloke, one of the few likeable players in the City squad.

Last edited:
I saw a clip of him the other day taking a ball down on his foot from a great height, no bounce and no roll...amazing

I saw Barry Corr do that the other day.

Were the Barcelona/Brazil fans having a go at the long ball football as well?

Jimmy Bullard

Not a chance. Liked to perpetuate this "wise-cracking wide-boy" image, but more than a few footballers and coaches will testify to the fact he's actually quite the bully who was divisive in changing rooms. Supposed to have given Malbranque a really hard time at Fulham in particular, and I know Ipswich were relieved to get shot of him.

Back