• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

University Research: Football Security After Stade de France

I feel completely safe at Roots Hall.

It's when I bump into Torquay youth that I **** myself.

On a more serious note I have often thought that lower league football matches would make tempting targets for terrorism because there is next to no security.

On a more serious note I have often thought that lower league football matches would make tempting targets for terrorism because there is next to no security.

Not that I would risk a bit of terrorism with OBL on duty, not worth the risk:'(

Dunno about in the UK but it has already impacted security at football matches here in Spain.I couldn't go to Espanyol's last home match but I was told security measures had been toughened,leading to long queues to get in.Also at Barça's last home match fans were not allowed into the Nou Camp with rucksacks.

Dunno about in the UK but it has already impacted security at football matches here in Spain.I couldn't go to Espanyol's last home match but I was told security measures had been toughened,leading to long queues to get in.Also at Barça's last home match fans were not allowed into the Nou Camp with rucksacks.

They want to work on their airports, walked through Majorca detectors on Sunday with my watch on and set nothing off at all.

At the not so mighty Berrichonne i have been body frisked for the last eight years so maybe its a normal thing here.

The ridiculous pantomime where you have to take belts/shoes off etc in the UK, doesn't usually apply in Spain.Thank God.Personally,I've never,ever been asked to take my watch off anywhere.

The ridiculous pantomime as you out it is meant to be Eu wide but some countries enforce more than others, I know which I feel safer flying out of.

Back