• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Unsung heroes

John Regis - how he ever heard the starters pistol with them ears is beyond me . Add to that he always looked fat , but was one quick mo fo

Also James Wilmot Brown , he was the one that raped Kathy in Eastenders after getting her lagging drunk , kind of like his style but i bet he wishes he'd have waited till she'd been outed in the papers ad being a dirt bag and ******* the pipe in Laybys , he could of got away with raping her then as no one would of believed her story .

Your honour , she was gagging for it and was a dirt bag of the highest order.

Judge : You are indeed correct Mr Brown , case closed .

I agree O'Shea is an unsung hero at United but I would also put Darren Fletcher in that catergory.

Steve Clark at Chelsea, When he left to go to be number 2 at West Ham, Chelsea 's form took a bit of a dip. At the same time West Ham's form was on the up.

I considered entering Alan Turing for the Heroes cup. Thanks to his work at Bletchley Park during the war and the Engima code breaking machines, he probably helped shave a couple of years off WW2 and saved thousands of lives.

Shamefully treated after the war by the establishment due to his homosexuality and he committed suicide by eating an apple laced with cyanide.

Last edited:
Clive Sinclair - introduced a generation to cheap computing.

Fail.

c5_side_l.jpg

Phil Taylor

Simply because he is the most successful Dart player of all time with 14 world titles and over 75 major tournament wins. No other player in the history of the sport has won more.
I would even go as far as to say that he is the most successful British Sportsperson bar none. Unfortunately due to the sport of Darts not being up there with The Premiership, GP Motor racing, boxing, golf or Tennis.....he takes a bit of a back seat when it comes to recognition.

Phil Taylor

Simply because he is the most successful Dart player of all time with 14 world titles and over 75 major tournament wins. No other player in the history of the sport has won more.
I would even go as far as to say that he is the most successful British Sportsperson bar none. Unfortunately due to the sport of Darts not being up there with The Premiership, GP Motor racing, boxing, golf or Tennis.....he takes a bit of a back seat when it comes to recognition.

...and the fact that he is covered in more tattoos than your average Hope Hotel regular.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic about this, and I fully appreciate that they do a lot for local charities and causes... however in the end the Lions is a hierachical 'club' and so I feel a bit like their altrusitic activities are really just for selfish reasons.

I suppose what I'm trying to say is that I don't quite see their economies of scale and what they truely offer compared to other fundraisers and individuals who do the same but without being a member of a club. Everyone knows about the Lions, which almost makes them a 'sung' hero.

Back