• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think the ref should be charged with failing to control the game - along with most other refs we have to put up with at this level!!!

I despair.

A good rumpus can often enliven an otherwise dull game, such events are part of the make-up of footbal and in my view are fine unless they descend in to outright violent assault. As DWB says, it can at least show that the players care (something we can be uncovinced about at times).

It is like stopping players going near the fans when they score a goal. The FA is trying to sanitise the game to the extent that it becomes devoid of emotion.

Those that rule our game should take a good look at themselves and take a view as to whether football is really for them and perhaps whether it is time they move on to something more genteel like carpet bowls. They should stop wasting time on petty issues which do nothing to enhance and indeed their actions only end up putting folk off. Focus on something far more meaningful instead like players taking a dive when someone breathes on them (which could be solved to a great extent by acting post match on conclusive video evidence and banning the cheats for a period).

Sroll on, the FA should I reckon fine themselves.

I think the ref should be charged with failing to control the game - along with most other refs we have to put up with at this level!!!

What he said! Ref didn't exactly try to pull them apart. I thought Timlin showed immense self control while he was being held by the throat!

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the players were under orders from PS to all get involved in this sort of incident.That's certainly the way it looked on Saturday.If that's the case then IMO Paul Sturrock should pay any fine imposed by the FA and not the club.
Clearly Fletcher had to go but there was no need for Grant and others to get involved.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the players were under orders from PS to all get involved in this sort of incident.That's certainly the way it looked on Saturday.If that's the case then IMO Paul Sturrock should pay any fine imposed by the FA and not the club.

Clearly Crawford had to go but there was no need for Grant and others to get involved.

#BarnaBluegetsitwrongagain

I despair.

A good rumpus can often enliven an otherwise dull game, such events are part of the make-up of footbal and in my view are fine unless they descend in to outright violent assault. As DWB says, it can at least show that the players care (something we can be uncovinced about at times).

It is like stopping players going near the fans when they score a goal. The FA is trying to sanitise the game to the extent that it becomes devoid of emotion.

Those that rule our game should take a good look at themselves and take a view as to whether football is really for them and perhaps whether it is time they move on to something more genteel like carpet bowls. They should stop wasting time on petty issues which do nothing to enhance and indeed their actions only end up putting folk off. Focus on something far more meaningful instead like players taking a dive when someone breathes on them (which could be solved to a great extent by acting post match on conclusive video evidence and banning the cheats for a period).

Sroll on, the FA should I reckon fine themselves.

Very well said that man.

That was barely anything, the FA need to realise that these things happen and that when passions run high, these scuffles happen. It could've been avoided if Fletcher hadn't of grabbed Timlin, so if they want to fine anyone, fine Plymouth, but they won't because they're skint so they'll fine us.

Trouble is that pretty much all the bodies that 'control' football (FIFA, UEFA, the FA etc) are largely populated by rich business people who have no real passion for the game and who have never played it at a high level, apart from the odd exception like Michel Platini. They don't understand that players and clubs like ourselves and Plymouth are playing for their very existence financially, nor do they understand what clubs mean to their true supporters, too many of whom have been driven from the terraces not by the poor behaviour of players on the pitch but by the costs of attending matches that have been driven up relentlessly by club owners' and 'top' players' unquenchable thirst for money. Only money talks in the modern game, so the likelihood is that two of the worst-off clubs financially in the league will receive a fine that will end up in the pockets of the money-grabbers that run our game, leaving the clubs concerned even closer to going out of business.

That was barely anything, the FA need to realise that these things happen and that when passions run high, these scuffles happen. It could've been avoided if Fletcher hadn't of grabbed Timlin, so if they want to fine anyone, fine Plymouth, but they won't because they're skint so they'll fine us.

We are skint too remember

So the rest of the Southend team should stand and watch Fletcher throttle Timlin- who in fact should be commended for not retaliating.

Charge against southend should be dismissed- end of

As I said in the report and ratigns thread, this is stupid. The fine for the Port Vale incident I can understand but this one is ludicrous. What do the FA expect players to do when their team-mate is being grabbed by the throat? Players are human, as much as the people who run the game like to think differently. Only a few players actually got involved to start with, the rest were trying to break it up. This sort of thing happens in most matches, it's part of football. To be honest it was probably the most exciting moment of that match up to that point. And as Brettie Angell says, the whole incident could've been avoided if the ref had rightly given us a free-kick for Fletcher's original foul.

Thanks a lot FA, you cretins. :finger2: Can you appeal against these fines?

Back