• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onceknownasrab

President
This came in today;

Your complaint has been passed onto me from the Chairman for a response.

My name is David Scriven and I am the Head of Media here at SUFC and as
such Blues World falls under my remit.

Firstly I wish to apologise for any problems that you have been
experiencing with Blues World, we are committed here at Southend United
to offer supporters value for money so it is disappointing to hear that
you are not happy with the product.

I have personally received very few complaints about Blues World but
having heard about the issues when you initially complained I did ask
the technical providers to monitor our stream against Scunthorpe and
Peterborough United. On both occasions they reported that there were no
issues - perhaps you can confirm your experience?

I am not sure how aware you are but we are tied into a central agreement
with the Football League who operate over 80 sides' websites. Southend
United's requirement is to populate their framework with content. As
part of this agreement the service providers - Perform Group - operate
the technical infrastructure of the websites and the World product.

The problems you are experiencing could come from a whole range of
issues. The commentary feed has two connections - from the football
ground to Perform Group, from Perform Group to the user.

As with connections a problem at the users' end (which may range from,
hardware, software or Internet Service Provider issues) would result in
a less than brilliant experience. For Perform's part they check during
each match at varying intervals that the commentary is coming into their
system correctly and leaving it accordingly.

I do not know if you have contacted Perform's customer service team, but
suggest you drop them an email (customerservices@performgroup.com) to
see if there is anything you can try on your configuration to get Blues
World working for you.

Failing that if you are still not happy and wished to leave the service
I would obviously refund your subscription for this year.

Many Thanks for your continued support.

I have highlighted main points that irritate me the most. Point one, he has only had few complaints. He should read the threads more on here when he is signed in. Point two, whatever they are tied in to they should not appear to support if the service is detrimental to its fans or at least they should try to do something about it. Point three, well if they check at regular intervals they can only possibly listen to the away commentary or they would know the issues. I will stand on previous comments and state that this service is nothing to do with supporters and is run by a greed filled corporate bugger that cares nothing about service and also there is clear evidence of incompetence and lying. So sue me.

I'm totally with you on this and thats poor show from Dave. He must know how poor the whole PremiumTV/BW commentary can be over the years.

Its too late to be 'sorry' after the event as you are not going to get that game back - you need the service at 3pm/745pm to be as good as can be as that is the main bulk of what we pay for.

Unfortunately, dont think there is much we can do. The clubs are (stupidly) tied in and whilst that money is coming in, I doubt (under)Perform care two hoots. When it was PremiumTV providing the commentary service a few years back, I'd email them and complain most Saturdays and was fobbed off like I was a 4 year old child...

"Is your PC on"

"Are you connected to the net"

"Can you spell DOG"

I've not been able to get commentary for the last 2 attempts now and if its the same tomorrow night then I'll write to Dave and Perform too... I'd advise everyone else in the same situ to do the same because if Dave thinks this is an isolated incident and any problems could be 'our end' then he needs to be made aware...

I'm with you too, BW has been terrible this year, and I'll happily write a letter to BW/SUFC and to Premium Media/Perform Group

Come on Dave, are you not reading what subscribers are saying? I had been complaining about BW for a long time (to you and FLPTV). Perform Group is new to me. It's always the same response we're getting, like:

'The feed is monitored' (I cannot believe it is)

We're always told the problem could be elsewhere (with the user or with the feed supply from the ground or from BBC Essex).

The facts remain the same and no end of rhetoric will change that:

1. The service is notoriously unreliable to a large number of people - not just an individual with a bad set-up - and has been since the service began.

2. The customer support from FLPTV / Perform Group or whatever they're called this week is appalling to say the least.

3. Subscribers are given poor excuses - or outright denial of problems (we monitored the feed and it was fine) - time and time again WHEN customer service does respond.

4. It is clear that the club's hands are tied by an agreement that leaves it unable to rectify any issues subscribers - its own supporters - have.

There ARE many problems but, let's face it, we may just as well have replies from BW put on a record (or podcast in this day and age) so we can just play them back when needed and feel better about it all.

If the answer is to refund users that have problems, rather than fix the issues / customer support etc. once and for all, they may as well shut the service down.

That carpet must be terribly bumpy to walk on with all the BW problems it has swept under it.

As if that was written by Dave Scriven

Have you seen how few spelling mistakes there are !!!!

I'm not a techie so please forgive my ignorance.

However, I am a BW subscriber and although have only listened 4 or 5 times this season I have never had an issue.

To a non techie like me, if there is a feed which is being received by some but not by others, then surely the problem is more likely to be with the receivers than the transmitters?

Could it be problems with a firewall, or something like that?

However, I am a BW subscriber and although have only listened 4 or 5 times this season I have never had an issue.

To a non techie like me, if there is a feed which is being received by some but not by others, then surely the problem is more likely to be with the receivers than the transmitters?

Come on now fbm ... wheres the conspiracy theory in that !!! :thump:

As stated previously i have now cancelled due to how **** BW is, i havent bothered complaining because when i origionally did that i got palmed off. Maybe others do the same?

Doesn't inspire me with confidence to subscribe to something with so many unhappy people. Think I'll leave it alone until I read that the problems have been rectified

Just started working on XP (still not on Mac - which is used to at the start of the season) - right after I fired off my email of complaint!!! Typical...

Hmm, seems to have gone now.

Mark Mac
Ediited: Ignore me, working fine.

Last edited:

Yeah, I must admit that I've not had any problems this season. Or last, come to think of it.

It's odd that it effects some and not others.

I am technically savvy enough (I like to think) to be able to get something like an audio feed working on my computer. Plus, if it works and then plays up on the same settings, it is unlikely to be my set-up. How do you explain streaming the wring feed as has been the situation on a fair few occasions (either commentary from the opponents on what should be our feed, or even commentary from the wrong fixture)?

Also, it doesn't excuse the appalling customer support from BW.

Unbelievable

I have to say I listened to BW last night and did not encounter one problem. Same PC, same firewall, same software and same service provider. Strange that. I see others had problems so how long can Perform continue to blame us?

Back