• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Urgh! Fans Forums

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Having just spent an hour or so updating the other league 2 Fans forums links in our Nav bar up top, I feel thorougly depressed... Not just with the way we have fallen again and not just with some of the teams we have to mix with again (I know deservedly so some would say) but the others fan sites.

Some are truly shocking and you never quite realise just how good this board and the members are until you take a look elsewhere.

You should all be proud of yourselves for making The Zone what it is.:LoyalSupporter::Clap:

We maybe not a class above them on the pitch but we are Light years ahead of them as forums.

Very little action on Harrogate forum, Some ground improvement pics at Barrow, involving lots of (support) post for a roof.....

Last edited:
I contribute a very small amount by D/D per month towards the running costs of the Zone - best value for money I get on all my outgoings.
Spend a good hr+ a day on the site - laugh/anger/meh very day reading the posts from you lot - so what's the harm if you can help out the hard working (for free remember) people who keep this best fans forum running - 'take a tip from Barry Bucknell' and make a small donation ( and don't pretend you're too young to remember Barry Bucknell Cricko)

Having just spent an hour or so updating the other league 2 Fans forums links in our Nav bar up top, I feel thorougly depressed... Not just with the way we have fallen again and not just with some of the teams we have to mix with again (I know deservedly so some would say) but the others fan sites.

Some are truly shocking and you never quite realise just how good this board and the members are until you take a look elsewhere.

You should all be proud of yourselves for making The Zone what it is.:LoyalSupporter::Clap:

We maybe not a class above them on the pitch but we are Light years ahead of them as forums.

Do they berate the manager/ club / players/ ground/ chairman/ own fans as much as we do?

There's some forums that hardly have any different posts with not much traffic, mainly League two, and some where anything goes. Some forums the whole look and layout is 2 bob and horrendous. Not looked for a couple of years, but you can guess the most swearing and offering each other out a lot, yep......Millwall. They might have cleaned it up by now, but it used to be anything goes.
This forum is the best I have seen, and not just saying that.

I contribute a very small amount by D/D per month towards the running costs of the Zone - best value for money I get on all my outgoings.
Spend a good hr+ a day on the site - laugh/anger/meh very day reading the posts from you lot - so what's the harm if you can help out the hard working (for free remember) people who keep this best fans forum running - 'take a tip from Barry Bucknell' and make a small donation ( and don't pretend you're too young to remember Barry Bucknell Cricko)

Not going to lie, I spend a lot of time on here and if I was in a position where I could donate I would and probably should, instead I have to live with the guilt of not contributing financially!

The Orient forum was a good read. Some great characters on there and some weird and quite amusing activities like rhyming threads; an example on here would be "Ron Martin hopes to blame the new manager by the weekend".

My favourite activity was winding up Steve White (sdw), the poster on the old proboards forum who posted a thread called 'A message of sympathy' laughing at us for 'bottling' automatic promotion from League 2 (under Tilly). Then of course we won the play-offs and we wouldn't let him forget it. Good days.

There's some forums that hardly have any different posts with not much traffic, mainly League two, and some where anything goes. Some forums the whole look and layout is 2 bob and horrendous. Not looked for a couple of years, but you can guess the most swearing and offering each other out a lot, yep......Millwall. They might have cleaned it up by now, but it used to be anything goes.
This forum is the best I have seen, and not just saying that.
This is the forum that all fans forums aspire to be....

Do I get a free T-shirt? ?

Not going to lie, I spend a lot of time on here and if I was in a position where I could donate I would and probably should, instead I have to live with the guilt of not contributing financially!
no need any guilt whatsoever there jarvisyeh - I'm on me 4th bottle of beer and the Mrs is making me feel big time guilty?

This forum is great Cricko, our offical forum and the the independent one are poor and pretty quiet. Many fans are now engaging on Facebook, etc so inevitably many forums will fail eventually.

I don’t know why because the Southend United Facebook page is god awful! Full of absolute rubbish and is unmoderated and just ends up in bullying and bitching. The content is dire and nothing on the mostly quality you get on a forum.

This forum has been in my life for a very long time and I couldn’t imagine life without it. I just don’t get the same buzz from Facebook or twitter Discussions.

Thanks Cricko, G and the team. Keep up the great work, shame you couldn’t run the club and team and make that Premiership quality.

Personally I’m not on Facebook or Twitter and so SZ is the first place I go to for news on all things SUFC. This is easily the best moderated forum I’ve known and has a good mix of opinion /debate that never gets too out of control. Plus it’s good that opposition fans can come on and join in with discussions. Kudos to everyone involved.

Back