• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/21/osborne-wasted-three-years

I notice that Ed Balls agrees with me that the last three years in the UK have mainly benefitted the rich.

"there are growing signs that this nascent recovery is mainly benefiting those at the top. Bank bonuses soared to almost £4bn in April as top earners deferred their payouts to take maximum advantage of Osborne's top-rate tax cut. But most families are not seeing any recovery in their living standards, with average wages after inflation still falling; in fact, family incomes are now facing the longest squeeze since the 1870s."

Wow, the labour party accusing the tories of looking after the rich.

Whatever next ? Cheese sandwiches having cheese in them ?

I notice that Ed Balls agrees with me that the last three years in the UK have mainly benefitted the rich.

I'm so sorry to have to introduce some facts, but you are contradicted by a recent report by the ONS (http://www.politics.co.uk/news/2013...the-rich-are-getting-poorer-and-inequality-is). The report confirms that inequality is falling. For the period from 2010 to 2012:

The richest fifth of the population have seen their income fall by 6.8%. In contrast, it grew by 6.9% for the poorest fifth

Are you going to stand by your claim?

Ed Balls is one jumped up nasty piece of work who would sell his soul to the highest bidder,As for the Labour Party they are pure comedy value and should be disbanded.

Shock horror. Barna posts link from the Guardian.

I thought he was banned from doing this every morning.

Shock horror. Barna posts link from the Guardian.

I thought he was banned from doing this every morning.

No.Actually I've been told that I must include a comment of my own whenever I give a link to a Grauniad article.Also -on my own initiative-I always search on the BBC website to see if the news item has been picked up there.That wasn't possible in this case, as it was a Guardian excusive article.

Last edited:
No.Actually I've been told that I must include a comment of my own whenever I give a link to a Grauniad article.Also -on my own initiative-I always seach on the BBC website to see if the news item has been picked up there.That wasn't possible in this case, as it was a Guardian excusive article.

Good work Barna, good work.

No.Actually I've been told that I must include a comment of my own whenever I give a link to a Grauniad article.

No Guarna, that's not what you've been told. You've been asked many times to tell us what YOU think, not what you've been fed or told to think on a daily basis in your political-agenda reading. Debating ISSUES and ZONER's VIEWS is the point here, not spamming the site with a daily barrage of left-wing (or right-wing for that matter) propaganda. It doesn't matter where it comes from.

Since you keep randomly reminding us about your education, intellectual pursuits and working practices, I'm struggling to understand how you've never really understood what's actually a simple concept here.

Last edited:
Back