• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
newyorkplane_1240018c.jpg
DC14CC66-E1B2-3880-051A194C44A9ED70.jpg

The Airbus 320 – Flight 1549 from New York's La Guardia airport to Charlotte, North Carolina – had 151 people on board, made up of 146 passengers and five crew members.
It is not known how many people are injured as a result of the crash, but New York Police boats and local ferries are in the vicinity of the plane, and people have been sighted on the wings of the plane as some form of rescue begins to take shape.
All passengers have been accounted for and are safe.
The plane, which is floating upright, is understood to have gone down around 3.20pm local time, hitting the river around the west of 50th Street, in the stretch of the Hudson that sits between Manhattan and New Jersey.
A representative from the Intrepid Museum – a museum based on the former US navy destroyer the USS Intrepid – said that the water at the point where the plane landed is a minimum of 50 feet deep in the area in which the plane crashed, and that the tide is going out. The water temperature is reported to be 42 degrees Fahrenheit, while the air temperature is closer to 20 degrees.
A preliminary report by the Federal Aviation Authority said that it appeared the plane had been hit some form of obstruction, possibly a flock of birds. It is understood that the pilot was trying to return to La Guardia as it landed on the river.
An eyewitness, local resident Natasha, told local news channel New York One, that she saw the plane landing slowly as if it was landing on the tarmac at an airport. "It came down and landed very smoothly – didn't see any fire and it wasn't wobbly or anything."
A spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Investigations said the crash is not terror-related.

And wait for 2 more to follow!! Always happens in Aviation, or is there others that haven't been mentioned.

That headline scared the crap out of me, as my brother has only just landed in NYC for a holiday. Thankfully I read this properly, before having a major panic!!

The real tragedy in this story is that some people got taken to New Jersey onece they left the plane... my thoughts are with those poor souls

It was hardly a crash landing. It seems to me that is was a very controlled landing.

Back