• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
Next three games are crucial now that we got that huge win against Vale. 5 points off Exeter on 59 points.

Our games:

H v Wimbledon
H v Torquay
H v Plymouth

3 teams in the bottom 4. No reason why we shouldn't win all three.

Exeter:

H v Gillingham (Best away record in the league)
H v Bradford
A v Rotherham

Three tricky games. Could lose two against Gillingham and Rotherham. Would be great if they did as it'd give us a great chance of closing the gap to just two points or even better!

Exeter are candidates to be caught but I think Cheltenham are more likely with their current form and having played 2 more games.

We are closeing in on both Exeter only drew and we have a game on them Chelts got stuffed today and we have 2 on them .BUT we have to keep winning . Now is the time to go on an unbeaten run .

It's very promising! Especially with tomlin and lard coming back soon and potentially tam and reeves back! I really hope we can hit an unbeaten run until the end of the season!

Next three games are crucial now that we got that huge win against Vale. 5 points off Exeter on 59 points.

Our games:

H v Wimbledon
H v Torquay
H v Plymouth

Exeter:

H v Gillingham (Best away record in the league)
H v Bradford
A v Rotherham

Three tricky games. Could lose two against Gillingham and Rotherham. Would be great if they did as it'd give us a great chance of closing the gap to just two points or even better!

Apart from the fact we have won only 6 home games all season. Win on Tuesday and we will probably win the other two, if we don't then I think we will struggle.

Lets think about Tuesdays game first. Take one game at the time and see how we get on. Lets hope for a good result and performance against the Dons.

For the love of God don't look at three home games - 9 points. With our awful home record we have to take each game as it comes.

I don't go along with your premiss that it is Exeter we need to keep our eyes on. The top of League Two is building up to a thrilling finale........... I just hope that we are going to be part of it and that is going to take quite a turn around in our home form. On my estimation of results for Tuesday night it could see us just four points off a play-off place, with a game in hand. The most interesting thing is, with the faling form of Vale and results going as I predict, that there could, dramatically, be a difference of only THREE points between second and seventh place, come ten o'clock Tuesday night!
A little word of warning as well. Everyone is looking ahead but we need to keep an eye behind us where Oxford are on a good run of form and Bradford are showing signs of shaking off their Cup Final blues.

Last season with 8 games to go I posted this and was called mental for saying we would win 4 home games because of our poor home form:-

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...our-Thoughts&p=1378876&viewfull=1#post1378876

Our home form this season has not been a lot different to last, so why not win all 3, we did it last year and with players hopefully returning from injury maybe were going to hit that run of form just at the right time..:smile:

It's very promising! Especially with tomlin and lard coming back soon and potentially tam and reeves back! I really hope we can hit an unbeaten run until the end of the season!

I know what you mean. He's a very slippery character in the middle of the park. He also adds some much needed weight to the midfield. Although I have heard other people say we should get rid of him to trim the fat.

Our game against Plymouth is our game in hand on them. So really it will be our next 3 against their next 2. 9 points is very possible and with their tough games, we could even be in the play-offs after the Plymouth game.

Last season with 8 games to go I posted this and was called mental for saying we would win 4 home games because of our poor home form:-

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...our-Thoughts&p=1378876&viewfull=1#post1378876

Our home form this season has not been a lot different to last, so why not win all 3, we did it last year and with players hopefully returning from injury maybe were going to hit that run of form just at the right time..:smile:

yes-- this is it, lets have some more positiviity on this site , 'we are going up , we are going up !'

i don't think it's going to be that easy. they are all battling for their league status. i wouldn't be at all suprised if they didn't park the team bus in front of their goal and play for a point.

Our record against the bottom teams is atrocious and on any day anyone can beat anyone in this league. Always so much analysing of run-ins etc on here! I'd say on current form we are more likely to beat Bradford and Rochdale away than Wimbledon, Torquay and Plymouth at home.

Our record against the bottom teams is atrocious and on any day anyone can beat anyone in this league. Always so much analysing of run-ins etc on here! I'd say on current form we are more likely to beat Bradford and Rochdale away than Wimbledon, Torquay and Plymouth at home.

http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/D3/vbothalf.html

Is it? The above shows we are 8th when playing against bottom half clubs. The thing is that when we beat a team in the bottom half, everyone expects it so it is forgotten about quickly, but if we lose then it goes on the list of "games we should have won".

From the "games against top-half" stats

Pld vTH W D L F A GD GFA GAA PpG Pts
22 Torquay United (22) 36 19 2 8 9 15 26 -11 0.78 1.36 0.73 14
23 AFC Wimbledon (21) 36 19 2 4 13 15 42 -27 0.78 2.21 0.52 10
24 Plymouth Argyle (24) 36 16 1 3 12 12 29 -17 0.75 1.81 0.37 6

http://stats.football365.co.uk/dom/ENG/D3/vbothalf.html

Is it? The above shows we are 8th when playing against bottom half clubs. The thing is that when we beat a team in the bottom half, everyone expects it so it is forgotten about quickly, but if we lose then it goes on the list of "games we should have won".

Might be eveso slightly sad thing to say but i think football 365 stats is a brilliant web site:smile:

Back