• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Useless facts

Napster

No ⭐
Leilani, Page 3 model, was studying Economics at uni before being spotted and invited to do modelling

Adult actress Tera Patrick can speak fluent Hungarian and is a registered nurse.

Peter Mayhew, best known as Chewbacca, was a hospital orderly at Kings College Hospital before being signed up to do Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger. With the money he made from the Star Wars films, he set up a bed frame company, later disbanded, as he was too busy doing conventions.

On the Star Wars theme, my favourite (though sad) story is about David Prowse - the body (but not the voice - that was James Earl Jones) of Darth Vader, and also the Green Cross Code man.

When contracts were being handed out, Lucas offered most of the "stars" a small salary and 0.25% of net (i.e. post studio take etc.) profits (Sir Alec Guinness took 0.5% as the only recognised star with a leading role) but a very low (couple of grand) basic salary.

Prowse turned down the profit option and went for a much higher salary (approx £70K - a lot of money in the 70s) but no cut of the profits at all.

As we all know, the Star Wars films went on to be amongst the highest grossing films of all time, making hundreds of millions of dollars. Bad move, Dave.

tounge.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Dec. 05 2003,10:57)]I dislike tomatoes...
rock.gif
I like tomatoes but refuse to eat the little 'eye' thingy where the stalk used to be connected.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Dec. 05 2003,10:57)]I dislike tomatoes...
rock.gif
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Me too. Although I don&#39;t mind them when used for a cooking sauce etc.</span>

Shelagh Fraser, best known as Aunt Beru in the original Star Wars, was in the film version of the sitcom &quot;Till Death Do Us Part&quot;, called &quot;Till Death Us Do Part&quot;

I love tomatoes, and am thoroughly bemused by the antics of the extremist Anti-Tomato brigade...

Peppers, on the other hand, are something I steer well clear of if possible.

Matt

Drewe Henley, Red Leader in Star Wars Episode IV, retired from acting after Star Wars. He now runs a B&amp;B in Devon. He was also once married to Felicity Kendal.

Turtles can breathe through their butts.

Walt Disney was afraid of mice.

Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.

American Airlines saved &#036;40,000 in 1987 by eliminating 1 olive from each salad served in first class.

Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

Mosquito repellents don&#39;t repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito&#39;s sensors so they don&#39;t know you&#39;re there.

There are no public toilets in Peru

It&#39;s illegal for frogs to croak after 10pm in Missouri

Polar Bears are not white - there black. They are also left handed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 05 2003,11:24)]I love tomatoes, and am thoroughly bemused by the antics of the extremist Anti-Tomato brigade...

Peppers, on the other hand, are something I steer well clear of if possible.

Matt
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>I love peppers.</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Dec. 05 2003,12:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Dec. 05 2003,12:35)]Polar Bears are not white - they&#39;re black.
Eh?&#33;

rock.gif

Matt
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>I&#39;ve heard that too - it&#39;s their hair that&#39;s white, not them....</span>

[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Dec. 05 2003,12:35)]It&#39;s illegal for frogs to croak after 10pm in Missouri.
So, what are they going to do, arrest them?
biggrin.gif

Its another stupid American Law which is daft in my books, but it&#39;s true
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ Dec. 05 2003,12:40)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Dec. 05 2003,12:35)]Polar Bears are not white - they&#39;re black.
Eh?&#33;

rock.gif

Matt
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>I&#39;ve heard that too - it&#39;s their hair that&#39;s white, not them....</span>
Ahh...

&lt;meh&gt;

wink.gif

Matt

It also impossible to download Travis&#39;s new album on Kazaa. I&#39;ve heard the first 30 seconds of every song but the c**ts have copyrighted it. Cheeky gits&#33;

Kev

rock.gif

P.s I dont like tom&#39;s ... but i like tom sauce&#33;

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Dec. 05 2003,13:10)]It also impossible to download Travis&#39;s new album on Kazaa. I&#39;ve heard the first 30 seconds of every song but the c**ts have copyrighted it. Cheeky gits&#33;

Kev

rock.gif

P.s I dont like tom&#39;s ... but i like tom sauce&#33;

laugh.gif
Newsgroups are your friend...

Back