• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

callan

Striker
To cut a long story short last thursday after debating what to have for our tea, I decided that we would have 'proper chips' rather than oven chips.
The Missus agreed to this but pointed out that it was possible we didnt have a deep fat frier but if we had one it would be in the useless kitchen appliance cupboard.
I queried with this her, as I wasnt aware we had such a cupboard, to which she led me to cupboard in our Kitchen and asked me to empty the contents all of which have not been used in the last twelve months (apparently if they dont get used at all they go up into the loft or to a charity shop).
The contents of Cupboard after clearing it out were as follows;

George Foreman fatbuster grill - not used in last nine months.

Freezer bag sealer - never used at all.

Smoothie Machine - apparently kitchen blender does same thing, so never used.

Roncomatic vegtable slicer - Never used (apparently my mum was getting rid of this, and offered it the wife who didnt want to say no).

Breville Sandwich toaster - Used twice in the past year.

Salad spinner - Missus had forgotten we had this but apperantly would be used, next summer or possibly christmas!.

Table top Begodi (sic) - Never used, never likely to be.

Popcorn machine (in the shape of Donald Duck) - Used once and the Missus
is waiting to for the Kids to forget about it so she can bin it.

Ice cream maker - Never used, not likely to be.

I wonder if other Zoners also keep such cr@p in their Kitchen, or are we the only ones?
As an aside after emptying the cupboard, it turned out we dont have a deep fat frier.

Apart from the sandwich toaster my ex bought that never came out of the box - none.

My niece however got one of those chocolate fountain thingy's last Christmas that I'm sure never saw the light of day.

I've got a 'slow cooker' that still hasn't been taken for its maiden voyage. Supposed to be great, but I keep forgetting to put my dinner on, eight hours before I want to eat it.

my toasted sandwich maker might be out of action now, but it got me through the first year of uni (after which i learnt how to cook).

Poached egg thingy....never used.
Small frying pan the size of a cup...Never used.
Chinese bowl set...never used.
Coffee percolater thing...never used.
Toast rack...Never used.
Nice Silver coffee set...still in box.
The same George Foreman grill fingy ...never used and still in box
A new 3 tier steamer .. still in box.
Various steel Indian dishes for those at home authentic dinner parties...used once I think.
Salad tosser...never used.
New set of saucepans...still in box.

That's it I think .....Oh and a Mouse...I don't remember buying that.:rolleyes:

We've got an ice-cream maker. I used it once but never bothered again, it just sits there gathering dust. We also have an electric vegetable steamer, that's seen similar levels of use to the ice cream maker as well.
The breville sandwich toaster gets quite a bit of use though.

I've got a 'slow cooker' that still hasn't been taken for its maiden voyage. Supposed to be great, but I keep forgetting to put my dinner on, eight hours before I want to eat it.

To be fair mate, these should be sold with a woman that doesnt mind dragging he ar5e out of bed early,
We have one of these (slow cooker) but its used for keeping food warm rather than cooking.
I think according to Mrs C the average cooking time for one of these is eight hours, now I eat my lunch at 12.30 which means kicking her out of bed at approx four am, in order to prepare and get the cooker on in time so lunch isn't late, and my schedule for the day thrown into disarray.
I think once she did get up with all good intentions but then fell asleep on the sofa downstairs.

Poached egg thingy....never used.
Small frying pan the size of a cup...Never used.
Chinese bowl set...never used.
Coffee percolater thing...never used.
Toast rack...Never used.
Nice Silver coffee set...still in box.
The same George Foreman grill fingy ...never used and still in box
A new 3 tier steamer .. still in box.
Various steel Indian dishes for those at home authentic dinner parties...used once I think.
Salad tosser...never used.
New set of saucepans...still in box.

That's it I think .....Oh and a Mouse...I don't remember buying that.:rolleyes:
I'm thinking raffle prizes!

To cut a long story short last thursday after debating what to have for our tea, I decided that we would have 'proper chips' rather than oven chips.
The Missus agreed to this but pointed out that it was possible we didnt have a deep fat frier but if we had one it would be in the useless kitchen appliance cupboard.
I queried with this her, as I wasnt aware we had such a cupboard, to which she led me to cupboard in our Kitchen and asked me to empty the contents all of which have not been used in the last twelve months (apparently if they dont get used at all they go up into the loft or to a charity shop).
The contents of Cupboard after clearing it out were as follows;

George Foreman fatbuster grill - not used in last nine months.

Freezer bag sealer - never used at all.

Smoothie Machine - apparently kitchen blender does same thing, so never used.

Roncomatic vegtable slicer - Never used (apparently my mum was getting rid of this, and offered it the wife who didnt want to say no).

Breville Sandwich toaster - Used twice in the past year.

Salad spinner - Missus had forgotten we had this but apperantly would be used, next summer or possibly christmas!.

Table top Begodi (sic) - Never used, never likely to be.

Popcorn machine (in the shape of Donald Duck) - Used once and the Missus
is waiting to for the Kids to forget about it so she can bin it.

Ice cream maker - Never used, not likely to be.

I wonder if other Zoners also keep such cr@p in their Kitchen, or are we the only ones?
As an aside after emptying the cupboard, it turned out we dont have a deep fat frier.

I will have the ice cream maker off you!

If only there was a machine you could throw a dead cat, a bit of manky lettuce and a stale bap into, you could have a Kebab machine Scotty....

tosser...never used
I didn't realise Karl Duguid was a kitchen appliance.

The wife went to the Ideal Home Exhibition last year and decided to buy this 'revolutionary' cheese mill which takes all the hassle out of grating cheese. It's actually a load of crap so never gets used however in her infinite wisdom she bought two 'just in case something happens to the first one'. So now we have two cheese mills sitting there pointlessly.

Back