• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

User Tags - sometimes won’t alert

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
Zoners

We identified a wrinkle with user tagging today that I thought you would all benefit from hearing about, so you know how these work for future reference.

Basically, sometimes if you tag a user (@username) - called a User Mention in Xenforo - sometimes they receive an alert and sometimes they don’t.

I’ve done some research and basically this is the case. There are specific instances where no alert will be sent:

• If you quote a user then tag them. The quote overrides the tag and as such that is the notification users will receive.
  • If you edit a previous post to add a tag, no alert will be sent
  • Or if we have limited the maximum number of tags to a smaller number than the number of tags a poster makes in a post, only the first few up to the limit will be notified.
So if you were wondering whether someone (or you) might not have been alerted when tagged, it is likely that the reason on that occasion falls into one of the top two categories above. To the best of my knowledge we haven’t set a restriction of the kind mentioned in the final bullet above.

Spiff

Back