• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Utilising the squad.....

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
With two big home games coming up on Saturday and Tuesday, there is one squad member who we desperately need to come good: our number thirteen.

The team is currently woefully short of confidence, but we know with the crowd behind them that we can take on anyone - we proved that against Chelsea. We now need to recreate that atmosphere for these next two games, hold in the urge to moan when Betsy falls over or misplaces a pass, to cheer when Mildenhall punches insteads of catches, to urge the team on instead of criticising another wayward ball forward from Clarke.

Now is the time to support, when the team needs it most, not when the going is easy and we're on telly against Chelsea. We need to show the players how it is done, how to never stop even when things aren't going our way, and how to believe.

We need 180 minutes and singing and supporting. Let's face it, it's got to be more fun jumping up and down and singing to watching a team woefully short on confidence struggle. Let us provide the kick start to the second half of the season, by inspiring the team and intimidating the referee.

kitchener2.jpg

SOUTHEND UNITED NEEDS YOU!

I'd love to believe you - but we all know it will be a quiet, tense, jittery affair unless we score early on.

Give you the green for trying though and if its any consolation, I'll still be giving 100% from the South Upper.

If I could give you rep again I would off.

We need to get behind the lads at home, like we do in the away matches. We can make the difference.

Give you the green for trying though and if its any consolation, I'll still be giving 100% from the South Upper.

Exactly, it's all about trying. We want the players to give their all, we need to be trying our all as well.

This is where the Blue Voice needs to stand up and be counted. I don't mean just Smithy and those sitting in the North-West corner, but all of us, whether we are in the South Upper, Lower, East or West.

Well said YB, unfortunately we're going to be hard pushed to drown out the moaning and griping that will have gained momentum with the run of results.

well said
fully agree but doubt that some people will join in

Back