• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smith
Clohessy Cresswell Prosser Barker
Makndawire
Hurst Laird Timlin
Tomlin Britt/?​

If not Britt then Freddy or Barry? Personally I would go with Freddy as I think he has a better footy brain & more suited to the style were playing atm.

2-0 win, Tomlin & Timlin with his first of the season.

Think Barry will be Sturrock's preferred striking partner for Tomlin. I don't care just carry on and get another result, we owe them a beating......!

I'd expect BBBC to start if Britt isn't fit enough to, quite happy with Freddy coming on as an impact sub at the moment - anyone else notice how heavily his knee was strapped with that "magic tape" on Wednesday?

If Britt doesn't play then I would want to know the state of the pitch (pudding sticky = BBBC) and also the stats for their goals (set pieces = BBBC).
Another position might be to start with both and Tomlin and rest either a middy or back?

If Britt doesn't play then I would want to know the state of the pitch (pudding sticky = BBBC) and also the stats for their goals (set pieces = BBBC).
Another position might be to start with both and Tomlin and rest either a middy or back?
Apart from Britt's injury, may also depend on who is going to be available for the FA Cup game, Sturrock may go with a lone striker for this one and have a 5 man midfield to try Donnelly.

Can't see Sturrock sacrificing a midfielder or defender. The priority is not to concede a goal. Dont think Britt will play and he'll be rested with the hope he's ok for Gillingham. Can see him starting with Corr and depending on the score either Freddy or Donnelly coming on for Gav in second half.

Isn't this where Matt Paterson is? Although I liked him, I can't see us losing points majorly here, 2-0 win (Cressy and Tomlin) or draw at worst.

Apart from Britt's injury, may also depend on who is going to be available for the FA Cup game, Sturrock may go with a lone striker for this one and have a 5 man midfield to try Donnelly.

I would suggest that Luggy can have a 5 man midfield by moving back Tomlin alongside Timlin (thank goodness we don't have a Tumlin .............).

I would suggest that Luggy can have a 5 man midfield by moving back Tomlin alongside Timlin (thank goodness we don't have a Tumlin .............).
Or a Timlon, Tumlon or a Tim Long.
But BBBC up top if Britt is injured is favorite although I suspect he will be ready for the start.

BBBC in for Britt I would imagine, would probably be Freddy if it were a home game. Going for 2-0 to the Blues, Tomlin and Timlin to score.

FFS! 1-0 Burton, Paterson. It had to be him, didn't it. :thumbdown::'(

After we lost 1-0 to them last year, we exacted revenge with a 2-0 win at their home ground last season. A repeat of that would be fantastic.

Back