• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
Brown says not many changes to team as wants to finish as high as possible.
Would have thought if any time was right for an experiment , then it's this game , but guess the last thing he wants is another home defeat.
Sky preview also mentions that Smith will have 'test' after his virus...................
What team are people expecting ?

Whats the point in an experiment for one game though. Plenty of time for that in friendlies.

Go out on a high if possible, play a nice decent team and hopefully get a result, we have had a terrible season at home and would be nice to at least have a win to finish it with.

Whats the point in an experiment for one game though. Plenty of time for that in friendlies.

Go out on a high if possible, play a nice decent team and hopefully get a result, we have had a terrible season at home and would be nice to at least have a win to finish it with.

Guess so , but if you're not going to give a couple of youngsters a game that affects nothing , then I expect they're going to waiting a long time....

I expect to see

Smith ( although personally I would prefer Bentley )
Clohessy , Cresswell , Prosser , Straker
Lund , Laird , Leonard
Eastwood , Corr , Assombalonga

Subs : Bentley , Phillips , Barker , Spillane , Hurst , Tomlin , Njie

Last edited:
Brown says not many changes to team as wants to finish as high as possible.
Would have thought if any time was right for an experiment , then it's this game , but guess the last thing he wants is another home defeat.
Sky preview also mentions that Smith will have 'test' after his virus...................
What team are people expecting ?

Morecambe? :smile:

I expect to see

Smith ( although personally I would prefer Bentley )
Clohessy , Cresswell , Prosser , Straker
Lund , Laird , Leonard
Eastwood , Corr , Assombalonga

I reckon that starting XI is almost spot on, although reckon we might see Bentley in goal again as his contract is up. I reckon we may see the following bench though:

Smith, Tomlin, Hurst, Spillane, Njie, Pinnock, Auger

He's rewarded 3 youngsters with a professional contract this week and I think they may all get a run out if things are going well.

I reckon that starting XI is almost spot on, although reckon we might see Bentley in goal again as his contract is up. I reckon we may see the following bench though:

Smith, Tomlin, Hurst, Spillane, Njie, Pinnock, Auger

He's rewarded 3 youngsters with a professional contract this week and I think they may all get a run out if things are going well.

Could be , but I reckon Barker will be involved somehow as it could be his farewell to the club ?
Complete guess that one , but can't see him playing another season.

Could be , but I reckon Barker will be involved somehow as it could be his farewell to the club ?
Complete guess that one , but can't see him playing another season.

In which case I want to see Coughlan play as well.

If we were doing a departing side, maybe:

Smith
Clohessy
Barker
Cresswell
Coughlan
Lund
Spillane
Leonard
Corr
Tomlin
Assombalonga

Smith
Clohessy
Barker
Cresswell
Coughlan
Lund
Spillane
Leonard
Corr
Tomlin
Assombalonga

Good shout , but would have to find room for Spicer too !

Smith
Clohessy
Barker
Cresswell
Coughlan
Lund
Spillane
Leonard
Corr
Tomlin
Assombalonga

If it's a departing team does that mean Sturrock will be back to manage it? Surely not, that would be a daft idea and would never happen ....

Personally I can't see any point in playing loan players. Might as well give our own lads a game.

Second that.I want to watch a full strength team batter Morecambe,not a team full of youth players.

It would be good to end with a decent home performance and win as it has certainly not always been a good watch in several game's. We also due a win against Morecambe hopefully we will improve on both poor records.

He doesn't need to experiment because he has already spoken with the players re who is staying and who is leaving. He should play the strongest team he feels might actually win us a bloody home game.

I want a win, simple as. I don't care who plays and who doesn't but I want to finish the season on a home win.

Corrected for accuracy...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by united blues
Second that.I want to watch a full strength team lose 1-0 to Morecambe,not a team full of youth players.

As its end of season I will if you agree,Bet £10 with you that we beat Morecombe. Loser donates to shrimperzone.:cheers:

Corrected for accuracy...

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by united blues
Second that.I want to watch a full strength team lose 1-0 to Morecambe,not a team full of youth players.

As its end of season I will if you agree,Bet £10 with you that we beat Morecombe. Loser donates to shrimperzone.:cheers:

Agreed:high five:

Back