• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
[h=1]Just seen this on a vale forum, looks like they are struggling. And for probably the first time this season we have practically a full strength squad available and also competition for places etc. I actually feel like we have a geniune chance of a good run coming up.

Valiants short of numbers for Southend trip[/h]by Rob November 7, 2012 In News With No Comments The home draw with Rochdale ended with three more players being unavailable for first-team action as a depleted Vale squad looks likely to make the trip to Southend at the weekend.
The sending-off of Sam Morsy was the main talking point of the Rochdale game and the midfielder will now be banned for the trip to Southend. Morsy’s absence means that Chris Shuker is likely to partner Ryan Burge in midfield. Meanwhile, captain Doug Loft was unable to complete the game after his comeback from injury which means that Rob Taylor is likely to fill in at left-back.
And the luckless Darren Murphy lasted only minutes after coming on as a substitute and is also unlikely to feature in the matchday squad.
Vale are also short of numbers in defence with John McCombe suspended and Gareth Owen injured.
If Loft fails to shake off a calf injury, it would mean that Vale only have fifteen first-teamers available to travel to the South coast.
Likely Vale squad: Neal, Johnson, Yates, Davis, McDonald, Taylor, Myrie-Williams, Burge, Shuker, James, Vincent, Lloyd, Dodds, Pope, Williamson

Mind games.

Defo.
Pope is on fire and banging them in for fun.
Saw them in Sky live game a few weeks back against Oxford and they looked really useful ( although Oxford were pants ).
Would be a good win if we could beat them.

Mind games.

If it were from their official site I would agree with you. Given that it apparently comes from a forum it's probably just scaremongering and exaggeration.

It'll be interesting to see how many of those players mentioned end up in the team/squad.

Defo.
Pope is on fire and banging them in for fun.
Saw them in Sky live game a few weeks back against Oxford and they looked really useful ( although Oxford were pants ).
Would be a good win if we could beat them.

Indeed. Forget about the rest, it's all about how quiet we can keep Mr Pope.

Their front 3 have ripped apart most teams this season so gonna be a lot of pressure on the two full backs. Worry about Barker up against Myrie-Williams.
Their defence has definitely been hit by injuries though so could be a few goals.

Their front 3 have ripped apart most teams this season so gonna be a lot of pressure on the two full backs. Worry about Barker up against Myrie-Williams.
Their defence has definitely been hit by injuries though so could be a few goals.

Yep.
Myrie-Williams and Vincent are both very quick and direct.
Our two wide midfielders will need to help the full backs.

Interesting - but I shall take little note ............ it wouldn't be the first time that "injured" players have some how made miraculous returns to fitness - more interested in whether we can keep a clean sheet and get 3 points from having our team play exciting and entertaining football. :thumbsup:

Must say Adams has done well so far this season with Port Vale on what must be a restricted budget given their financial problems.

With the side we currently have available, we'll be tough to beat regardless of who they put out.

Let's not forget our recent poor form has been through a time when one or both first-choice centre midfielders have been out. Now we have good cover in that department and with a little confidence back, I think this game is winnable.

How many times have we seen this before. Sure whoever they bring in will be amazing and go on to be the Staffordshire Lionel Messi.

With the side we currently have available, we'll be tough to beat regardless of who they put out.

Let's not forget our recent poor form has been through a time when one or both first-choice centre midfielders have been out. Now we have good cover in that department and with a little confidence back, I think this game is winnable.

Totally agree mate - two wins, and the confidence is coming back...

As long as they have 14 fit players, there is no 'struggle' as far as i'm concerned. When a team turns up with 10 players with one who will 'be over in 10 minutes' Sunday league style.. then i will give a toss!

Interesting - but I shall take little note ............ it wouldn't be the first time that "injured" players have some how made miraculous returns to fitness - more interested in whether we can keep a clean sheet and get 3 points from having our team play exciting and entertaining football. :thumbsup:

Must say Adams has done well so far this season with Port Vale on what must be a restricted budget given their financial problems.[/QUOTE]

The problem for me is that Micky Adams' teams tend to be boring and overly physical.

The problem for me is that Micky Adams' teams tend to be boring and overly physical.

Well, they have scored 35 times in the league this season - so far. Just hope that number hasn't increased come 4:45 .... or more like 4:50 most Saturdays.

Southend have managed to score 22 times - quite a lot less. Just hope that number has increased come 4:50 ........

Back