• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Valentino Rossi

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
The Doctor is hanging up his helmet at the end of the season after 25 years of motorcycle racing. 9 times a world champion and an absolute character of the sport!

Forza Vale!

I am very pleased he is calling time on racing.
The near death crash last season? Ought to have been the last nod to getting out.
He is an absolute star, and a living legend.
Top top man.

I am very pleased he is calling time on racing.
The near death crash last season? Ought to have been the last nod to getting out.
He is an absolute star, and a living legend.
Top top man.
To be honest I was surprised he carried on after Simoncelli.

He is how all motorsports riders/drivers should be.

The Doctor is hanging up his helmet at the end of the season after 25 years of motorcycle racing. 9 times a world champion and an absolute character of the sport!

Forza Vale!
He's crap. He's only won races because he's had the best bike.

Once the bike wasn't any good nor was he. It seems to me that instead of working it through he's given up. He's a quitter.
He’s 42 I think he’s entitled to hang up the helmet after 25 years at the top level.

He’s 42 I think he’s entitled to hang up the helmet after 25 years at the top level.

Remind me how he did at Ducati? IIRC he only started being competitive again when he rejoined Yamaha. He couldn't do it when when he didn't have the best equipment, and even with it he could only manage 2nd place.

Remind me how he did at Ducati? IIRC he only started being competitive again when he rejoined Yamaha. He couldn't do it when when he didn't have the best equipment, and even with it he could only manage 2nd place.
The Ducati was a hard bike to ride and only two people have ever been really able to tame it and that’s Casey Stoner. Maybe Dovi of recent times and he was unlucky to not win the championship.

He hasn’t always had the best bike and the gap between the manufacturers is a lot closer than Formula Hamilton. How many different race winners did they have in the season of 2020 of MotoGP? 14 races and 9 different winners! How about F1 in 2020? 17 races and 5 different winners! My point rests.

The Ducati was a hard bike to ride and only two people have ever been really able to tame it and that’s Casey Stoner. Maybe Dovi of recent times and he was unlucky to not win the championship.

He hasn’t always had the best bike and the gap between the manufacturers is a lot closer than Formula Hamilton. How many different race winners did they have in the season of 2020 of MotoGP? 14 races and 9 different winners! How about F1 in 2020? 17 races and 5 different winners! My point rests.
We're not talking F1. Given the equipment Rossi has done nothing for the best part of 10 years.

That said, if you have an irrational hatred of someone don't be surprised if someone can manufacture an irrational hatred of someone you like. It's easy to twist facts to suit your argument.

We're not talking F1. Given the equipment Rossi has done nothing for the best part of 10 years.
And… are you saying he’s not a legend? He didn’t win 9 world championships by beating a load of nobodies! The riders he was up against are some of the greatest the sport has ever seen. And the champions that beat him in the last 10 years are some great riders. I know exactly what you’re trying to get at because of my opinion towards Hamilton. You’re trying to class Rossi as the same.

Back